• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Rental Property Traveling Tongue Scale

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I should have charged per mile LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@rsrlegends when you get the scale, can you ping me to I can use it too? We might want to see if any of the other NC folks want to use it too....
Let see if @Lakedogs if greyhound or basset hound.... I am thinking if @adrianp89 gets it prior to Bimini I can swing by his place to pick it up and bring it to Harbour towne marina. People can weight their tongues prior to lunching for Bahia Mar; plenty of time to kill there anyway. You can then take to NC and ship to Vancouver ....

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was sent to Joe in IN per betik.
I keep forgetting to grab the tracking number out of my truck but I believe it was 2 day mail so should be there today.

Lakedogs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received the scale today. Thanks for sending it!

My boat is on the lift currently and with the holiday weekend, it will be crazy at the boat ramp. I am estimating it will be Tuesday before I can get the boat on the trailer to measure and adjust. I will get the scale sent back out immediately after that.

We have a 300 mi trip coming up in a couple of weeks with the boat, so I am really glad to be able to borrow the scale to get the tongue weight checked.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If possible to get to me by the 7th, that would be awesome! I have a trip I am leaving on the 8th for.

Lakedogs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The scale is on its way to the next in line and should arrive by Saturday. Thanks again @Betik for the allowing us to borrow the scale!

The boat ramp was nice and empty after a storm came through yesterday. The ramp attendant let us pull into a flat area to take our measurements and make the adjustments. The tongue weight started out around 400 lbs. We moved the bow stop back about 1.25 inches and reduced the weight to around 335 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good lord that trailer seems like it never used before OR maybe you store the boat in the museum ? I should put pictures of my "new" trailer. It had corrosion on it. :banghead:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Betik did I ever get added to the list?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
good lord that trailer seems like it never used before OR maybe you store the boat in the museum ? I should put pictures of my "new" trailer. It had corrosion on it. :banghead:
I was thinking the same thing. My chains have never been that shiny lol.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update to my trailer vibration issues discussed earlier. My rear tires on my truck were shot. I had a vibratoin with nothing towed but it was very very slight. On our beach trip I realized it was the same speed and vibration just greatly reduced. My high tongue weight accentuates the vibration. I'll be buying new tires soon to correct the one issue and I'll be adding a bow stop to the boat trailer that pushes the boat back about 3 inches once I get back from vacation.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@WaltB the scale is Frisco. Please let me now when you want to come pick it up.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to get in line for the scale. Thanks @Betik