• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trip around NYC 2015

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got around to circumnavigate Manhattan.
We launched from Liberty State Park in NJ went north via the East River, and back down on the Hudson River. Then took a little ride further south by the Verrazano bridge before heading back.
The east river was really easy to navigate with very little chop and almost perfect smooth towards the northern portion. The Hudson turned very chopy south of about 50th st, Lots of commercial traffic with Huge wakes from about 25st till closer to the Statue of Liberty. I had to keep working the throttle and changing direction not to take waves over the bow. Nothing that can't be managed, but does require attention.

Some pics below. Made some video but don't think it came out well. will look thru and see if I can salvage some bits.

@Eurocat ............ KILLER photos !
Love the experience. I can imagine could super Kewl it was during the entire trip !
Makes me somewhat jealous, but many thanks for sharing.
Take Care, Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA

Awesome. I know the parking lot is small at that location. How early do you have to be there to make sure you have a spot? We are considering something in late September.

@MikeyL - Thanks. This is one of the reasons I love boating, explore in brand new ways and sharing with friends.

@Zeus2013 - We went during the week, so there were no issues with parking. We will probably go again this year since we have some friends that want to go, if it happens on a weekend I'll post up regarding the parking.
Have you ever boated on the Hampton bays? Was looking to spend a day there and need to find a good launch site.

Beautiful pictures!!!

For those looking to launch at Liberty State Park just be advised that their website says max trailer length is 23'. When I went there many years ago with jet skis they did check registrations.

They do have the sign up regarding that length, but the daily permit is thru a vending machine where you put your plate number.
Don't think they will hassle anyone if it's only a couple ft over. It is not a deep ramp, so for jet boats it shouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't have been able to launch my 25ft SeaRay there at anything except high tide.

Back