• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks.. where is this NSFW threads? My brother was in the navy and spent years over that way and told me many stories.
Sorry you've got me on that one!
I've put another few Photos in Boats and Babes for you

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Great traveling with you again @Geoff Cooper !! I love when you post your travels for us....Thank you!:winkingthumbsup"

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great traveling with you again @Geoff Cooper !! I love when you post your travels for us....Thank you!:winkingthumbsup"
Thanks for that, I must admit it does take some time to get the post sorted but as long as you enjoy it then the effort is worthwhile.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, let me pile on again, then. Really love the posts, @Geoff Cooper ! I am a fan of other cultures and what they can teach us, and your posts are pure gold. Thanks for the time you put into them and for sharing what you have learned!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Always enjoy taking trips with you @Geoff Cooper. I also enjoy your Macgyver boat fixes. keep em both coming.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too enjoy reading about all your adventures. Please keep them coming @Geoff Cooper !:)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a boats and babes thread????

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There's a boats and babes thread????
Yep, you have to request access to it as it's NSFW. It's definitely a "breast of fresh air"

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who do I talk to about requesting access?:):shy:
In the upper right of the forum screen mouse over your screen name, when the drop down box appears choose "Join User Groups".
Now choose what groups you would like to join.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like reading your posts and seeing your pictures @Geoff Cooper. Especially since this is a part of the world that I'm pretty sure I will never get to experience in person. I enjoy hearing your take on the culture and seeing what life is really like in Thailand, not just what we see on TV or in books. Keep it coming.

Do you make it back to England very often, and what do you think of life there now that you've been away?
Sorry for the late reply Scot, To answer your questions, I last went back to England 3 years ago and found it very cold even though i went in the summer when everyone was in shorts and Tee Shirts, I sat in front of a Gas Fire with a Jacket on, My core Temperature is at Thailand level and this makes a hell of a difference, My kids thought i was mad but as i explained to them Summer in England average temp about 22 degrees, Thailand my Aircon is set at 28 and that chills me when I'm sleeping so that's the easiest way to explain thing's, As far as life in England is concerned i really believe i have experienced the best days of England through my lifetime, I'm older now and looking back I'm firmly convinced of that, The cost of living there is very high after living in Thailand and also here life is slow and my normal day to day life i think is better all around, The Boating conditions are the best i have ever experienced in 40 years of Boating and i live alone so i have time for my hobbies and pastimes, My Children who are all married and have kids come for Holiday's and have a great time in the Boat etc, Apart from the kids i really miss nothing Scot, This is England 50 years ago when i was a young man learning my trade and here those trades still thrive and it's lovely to see, Boat parts are difficult to get so you have to learn to adapt and overcome and that's what we had to do years ago so it's quite easy for me it's back to old school again and i love it, This is an example of life here, On Sunday i went to the Beach for some Papaya salad ( very spicy ) as i ate it and relaxed i watched 2 young Boys doing nothing for about 1 hour but filling a plastic bag with water as they played in the Sea and throwing it at each other, No Apple I pads or games consoles to sit in front of just kids having basic fun with nothing but a plastic bag.

IMG_3084.JPG
2 Kids amusing themselves doing nothing but throwing a plastic bag full of sea water at each other, Do Apple make plastic Bags?

IMG_3085.JPG

People relaxing on the beach being served with freshly prepared food

IMG_3079.JPG

Papaya Salad ( very spicy ) with pork crackling.

IMG_3082.JPG

You have some more veg with it, Long Bean and a sort of crunchy cabbage tastes really good

Last edited:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I totally understand what you're saying Geoff and I wish we all could live the way you are. I say it all the time, that even though there are so many things about technology that I love. There is a big part of me that wishes things were a little more simple. I luckily live in a very small town where in a lot of ways the simple life still exists, but it's still not the way I remember it. Being in only my mid forties I'm sure my idea of a simpler time is different from yours, but I still wish we could go back to more of that mindset.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, let me pile on again, then. Really love the posts, @Geoff Cooper ! I am a fan of other cultures and what they can teach us, and your posts are pure gold. Thanks for the time you put into them and for sharing what you have learned!
Thanks for that, I've always been one for going off the beaten track when i visit other countries and here is no exception, I really just write about what i see and hope you Guys enjoy it, I'm not one for the Tourist places and all that rubbish i believe if you want to know about a Country go and see the real people and get down to basics, It's the only way to learn, Mind you i did nearly get caught out one night when i left my hotel and went for a stroll hoping to meet some friendly locals around Inglewood in LA not knowing the situation, I soon learned though and beat a hasty retreat i might add.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts. It sounds like life is very laid back which is great!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your very welcome and thanks for appreciating the post and taking the time to reply.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts. It sounds like life is very laid back which is great!
Yes life is good here only thing i regret is not coming here 20 years ago, Life is nice and relaxed and basically you do what you please, Boating is great and as you can see in the Boats and Babes section the scenery is good and always keeps you busy, It just takes me all night to do what i used to do all night LOL

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Always enjoy taking trips with you @Geoff Cooper. I also enjoy your Macgyver boat fixes. keep em both coming.
I'm pleased you enjoy the post, I thought by now you Guys would have been bored with it, I'll keep writing if you keep reading!