• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

UPDATE: F150 EcoBoost Blew Up on Saturday

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a turbo 4 in an Acura cute-ute about 10 years ago (think it was an RDX). If you are incredibly diligent about being incredibly lightfooted on the throttle, you might get the promised "small engine mileage with big engine power on top"... but probably not. If you enjoy the boost at all, you might end up with worse mileage than with the bigger engine.

I will NEVER buy one of those small gasser + turbo setups again and would stay a mile away from them for a working truck application.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Had a turbo 4 in an Acura cute-ute about 10 years ago (think it was an RDX). If you are incredibly diligent about being incredibly lightfooted on the throttle, you might get the promised "small engine mileage with big engine power on top"... but probably not. If you enjoy the boost at all, you might end up with worse mileage than with the bigger engine.

I will NEVER buy one of those small gasser + turbo setups again and would stay a mile away from them for a working truck application.
Not only that, but many of the new turbo 4cyl cars that need premium fuel. Imagine finding out at delivery walk-through that the cute, "fuel-efficient" little crossover that you bought now takes high test!

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked this up an Saturday. 2019 Ram 2500. 12,375 off the sticker. Insane rebates on 2019 ram 2500. 0 percent for 84 mths or rebates. 12 inch infotainment screen and 950 watt Harman Karan sound system. This thing rocks.

IMG_6387.jpg
IMG_6390.jpg

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Dalton, GA

Let me see how the warranty comes through.
I'm in Cleveland, TN... Where do you typically boat?

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in Cleveland, TN... Where do you typically boat?

Chicamauga. Typically run from the dam up to soddy daisy. Easy for us to put in at the dam until TVA made the decision to close all their ramps to keep me safe.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, it's happening.

The extended warranty company is jacking me around to not cover the engine. They are requiring the engine to be pulled and open to determine cause of failure. Service tech was on the phone with them for an hour answering questions. He feels they are looking for any reason they can to deny coverage.

If they find a reason to deny, I'm on the hook for $2k for the work.

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chicamauga. Typically run from the dam up to soddy daisy. Easy for us to put in at the dam until TVA made the decision to close all their ramps to keep me safe.
I think that was a Hamilton County thing... The ramps have been open the whole time in Bradley County as far as I know.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, it's happening.

The extended warranty company is jacking me around to not cover the engine. They are requiring the engine to be pulled and open to determine cause of failure. Service tech was on the phone with them for an hour answering questions. He feels they are looking for any reason they can to deny coverage.

I had an extended warranty on my used f250... the opinion seal went out in the rear end while driving running out all the oil.. had to rebuild the whole rear end.... 5k... the insurance guy came to the shop... walked under the truck and saw that I had changed the muffler on the truck. This is an 06 mind u... because I did not put the ford muffler back on they denied the claim saying the truck had been modified.

I fought it but to no avail..... so I feel your pain brother!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, it's happening.

Document every conversation in a journal. Make sure any service work that the owners manual calls for that you did outside of the dealership is noted in your maintenance logbook.

If they refuse to budge I’d ask for a written denial of your claim. And then compare what it says with the wording in your warranty.

In the end you can’t replace your truck for what it will cost for a new engine so it’s probably worth pulling the engine. But beyond that I’d tell the warranty people to come do there own failure analysis.

Good luck.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is it a Ford warranty or 3rd party?

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it a Ford warranty or 3rd party?

3rd party (EasyCare) purchased from Ford dealership when I bought it at 36k Miles.

I agreed to have the engine pulled and broken down. If they deny, it costs me an additional $2k.

It's in God's hands. I'm not gonna sweat this.

Aggravating, but it isn't the most important thing in the world right now. Anyone with toys at this point should count their blessings.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and insight.

I'll report back on how the company responds. I've never purchased an extended warranty before this in my nearly 50 years of life, and probably never will again. We'll see if they are honorable.

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll report back on how the company responds. I've never purchased an extended warranty before this in my nearly 50 years of life, and probably never will again. We'll see if they are honorable.
As someone who bought a 2018 F-150 with EcoBoost, I *strongly* considered the extended warranty. As I still have warranty left I don't think it is too late to still do so. Will be monitoring the outcome of this!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bought one extended warranty, it was a 2006 Acura TL. Low mileage, but at the time the gadgetry scared me, turns out the Honda 5 speed auto was a junk tranny and it saved me $3500 over the cost of the warranty when it needed a $5500 transmission. Haven’t purchased another extended warranty since then, but considering it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an extended warranty (aftermarket) on my GMC. I typically don't buy them, but got the seller to throw this one in for free. The cost I was told was $1,800, but who knows what that dealership actually paid. It's already covered about $2,900 in A/C, and interior parts/labor. Would have been money ahead had I paid for it.

On the fence if I should up my YES coverage on the boat. It expires in about 14 days, kinda need to get on that I suppose.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
RE extended warranties - check your bank or credit union. Our CU offers a much better x-warranty than any dealership.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had several extended warranties and they were all from ford. I would never buy an aftermarket company warranty. My neighbor works for an aftermarket warranty company and he said his job is deny any warranty that is over 1000 dollars. Then he will inspect after the customer files an appeal and look for anything to deny the claim. Pretty shady if you ask me but that's how they make money.

I have had many claims over the years and never had a problem getting repairs with a ford direct warranties. Matter of fact just had a steering box, track bar and ball joint replaced on my 2008 Super Duty. Total cost 50 deductible. Also never buy from dealer unless he matches the cost from online warranty dealers. These prices are fully negotiable and can be any price that the dealer thinks he can sell for. You can by Ford extended warranty from any Ford dealer. Saved me hundreds of dollars over the dealer. Last vehicle selling dealer offered the ford warranty for 2400 and then he matched the price that I got online for 1600. Said he only made 100 bucks on it. These dealers are dealers that sell warranties online to make my profit for there dealers. Guy told me they sell them for 100 bucks over their cost but sell 10,000 a year and make a million dollars a year. These are profit drivers for the dealers. Best part is you can go to any ford dealer and your vin is in the system and they fix the problem no questions asked.

Check out these websites that offer ford warranties. You can mix and match deductibles, coverages, rental etc. These are genuine Ford warranties. I bought from these guys twice and from the selling dealer once when they matched the price from these guys.

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check out these websites that offer ford warranties. You can mix and match deductibles, coverages, rental etc. These are genuine Ford warranties. I bought from these guys twice and from the selling dealer once when they matched the price from these guys.
There guys are still popular on the Ford forums. As I understand it, it does not matter if you buy online or local.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There guys are still popular on the Ford forums. As I understand it, it does not matter if you buy online or local.
As long as it is a ford warranty you can buy online or local. Last time I bought a truck I gave the dealer the opportunity to match my price that I got online. After bitching about only making a 100 bucks on the warranty he matched the price. Saved me 800 bucks. I have had several warranties all from ford. You can also wait until a month before your factory warranty expires and purchase a extended warranty. If you wait until after the factory warrant expires you have to have it inspected by a ford service dept. The 1 time I did this it cost 150 for the inspection and all was good so I received the warranty. My mechanic at the dealer said that with aftermarket warranties they have to call the company and get approval before they can do anything and if its more than 500 they said an inspector out to confirm the repair. One time I had to have the tranny in my GT-500 replaced for 6000 grand and Ford sent out a local inspector to check. After confirmation that it was legit they replaced my tranny and it cost me 50 bucks for the deductible and I think like 45 for the fluid because thats not covered but still saved me 5900.