• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upper Chesapeake Yamaha Run?

What date(s) work best for you?

• 6/4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 6/11

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/25

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always launch out of Port Deposit, I'm in an AR190, I think my tower height is around the same. I've never had an issue. I did google electric line minimum height and this is what i found: "According to the National Electrical Safety Code, telephone lines must be at least 14 feet above the ground and electrical lines must be at least 15-½ feet above the ground."

So you should be good.
Thanks for the info. I figured it was probably an illusion from the type of cameras that google maps uses, but it definitely looks low in the street view. I'm a little extra cautious around power lines from my sailing days, a mast sticking 30 feet or more in the air makes you that way.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I figured it was probably an illusion from the type of cameras that google maps uses, but it definitely looks low in the street view. I'm a little extra cautious around power lines from my sailing days, a mast sticking 30 feet or more in the air makes you that way.
Worst case, there is another ramp 10 mins down the road in Perryville. That ramp drops into a long no wake zone, so takes a bit to get out from there, but I've heard good things about that ramp.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Worst case, there is another ramp 10 mins down the road in Perryville. That ramp drops into a long no wake zone, so takes a bit to get out from there, but I've heard good things about that ramp.
[/QUOTE
Havre De Grace is not too much further (crossing over on 95) and I've put in there several times, it just gets pretty busy and the grass can be annoying. My preference is to meet up with everyone else and go over as a group. What time are we thinking to meet up?

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be at the ramp around 9:30am?
We'll meet at the Port Deposit ramp Looks like our group will be:
My wife and I - Tim and Lisa
My 21 year old son - Zach
My 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend - Libby and Abe (his real name is Zach but we call him Abe since our son is Zach)
My 15 year old son - Noah
I think we'll stop in Maryland to fill up the boat - gas is cheaper than in PA

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I will be there (Steve and Jess). We may have another couple with us, still waiting on confirmation if they can find a baby sitter for their 1 year old.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
On the fence. Our youngest may have a baseball tournament, depending how they finish the week out depends on whether they make it in.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We'll probably be hanging out at Maxwell pt on Sunday.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those that can make it, see you at 9:30am tomorrow! FYI - There is a $10 drop box near the ramp.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We wont be able to make. Have something came up we have to do in the morning. It is a 3 hour drive up with the boat. So with the late start it would be a long day. Enjoy and Safe Boating!

Dan

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We wont be able to make. Have something came up we have to do in the morning. It is a 3 hour drive up with the boat. So with the late start it would be a long day. Enjoy and Safe Boating!

Dan
Darn. I was looking forward to seeing the FSH in person!

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well let’s keep this thread going and make it more of an informal thing. We can post when and where we are going out and maybe some of us can meet up throughout the season.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well let’s keep this thread going and make it more of an informal thing. We can post when and where we are going out and maybe some of us can meet up throughout the season.
Maybe a Solomons Island meetup?

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are from the Harrisburg Area. We keep our boat on the rack at Shelter Cove. Nauti Goose is usually our first stop of the day for our Orange Crush fix! Look for us out there, Boat name is Air O' Salt (I'm an Air Assault Blackhawk pilot, haha)
OK sir, I'm going to need more information. I've lived in the Central PA area most of my life... But WHERE is Shelter Cove?!?

Nice to see another CPA JB though, we'll have to meet up sometime!