• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water Clear-out, Important?

Miami_Oh_Yeah!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I lived near saltwater with my Waverunners, when I got home and rinsed off the salt and flushed the engines at the end I would always remember to turn off the hose and then rev the engine at like 4000 rpm for 10 seconds to get the remaining water out (of the water box Im guessing)...

HOWEVER,

I have since moved to where I have a Yamaha Jet Boat now and live away from the coast and use it mostly in freshwater lakes. When I trailer it, I mostly always forget to rev the engine once I pull it out of the water. How important is this step?

Thanks

When I lived near saltwater with my Waverunners, when I got home and rinsed off the salt and flushed the engines at the end I would always remember to turn off the hose and then rev the engine at like 4000 rpm for 10 seconds to get the remaining water out (of the water box Im guessing)...

HOWEVER,

I have since moved to where I have a Yamaha Jet Boat now and live away from the coast and use it mostly in freshwater lakes. When I trailer it, I mostly always forget to rev the engine once I pull it out of the water. How important is this step?

Thanks
Rev the engine, AKA Burp, before storing for the winter. Otherwise, you should be fine.

The manual states to rev it to half throttle from idle for 15 seconds.

The only time I do that where I live now is if I’m going to store it for the winter, or if it is below freezing at night. I rap it repeatedly for about 10 seconds to get most of the water out when I do clear it. But like you I’m in fresh water and I don’t do it during most of the boating season.

I rev mine up and blow the water out every time. It's part of my wife and I routine. She puts the boat on the trailor, I pull up the ramp, pull the cleanout plugs, jump back in the truck,, give her a thumbs up and she gives the engs a quick rev. Then we go park the boat in the dry slip, wipe it down and cover it up. Then its ready for next time.
20201028_172221.jpg

Read your local laws. We have LEO's and HOA's on our landings in MN as well as recorded messages reminding us to pull out plugs, empty ballasts, livewells and jets need to dry-fire our engines to help stop the spread of invasive species. The law requires it.

Every time I walk past the sign and the message starts, I can't help but think of this.

marty-moose-header-1024x576.jpg

Back