• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We will transition the Forum to HTTPS Encryption on August 26th

On Topic: This is great news. Thanks SO much to our Admin group. You guys are keeping the commitment you made when you started this place.

To those that don't understand, basically what our admin group is doing is keeping our software and practices updated and modern so that we are safer and more secure as we surf the web.

This will happen tomorrow morning. Most of us will not notice anything beyond possibly needing to log in and and a lock icon beside the URL.

This is complete.

That just happened!!

@RobA, noticed that we have an exclamation point in Firefox instead of a lock. We have locks in Safari, Internet Explorer and Chrome.

This is Firefox

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 11.42.04 AM.png

Chrome

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 11.42.18 AM.png

Safari

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 11.42.43 AM.png

And Internet Explorer

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 11.55.02 AM.png

It seems that Firefox does not accept the StartCom certificate that we are using.

Firefox and Chrome point out that some components of the forum are not encrypted. Everything going to and from our server is encrypted. But there are images from third party sites, fonts that are used by XenForo from a third party site and integration with social networking providers that are not covered by the encryption.

Capture1.JPG

Hmmmm....https but no lock. It appears briefly when it's loading but then disappears. Probably a setting on my end. Windows 7 and IE 11

I have the same as Murf, the lock appears for a second while loading and then goes away, i'm on windows 8.2 but don't know what IE,
It may be working correctly I'm just confirming what Murf sees.

Thanks guys. Our communication with the forum server is encrypted. Some of the third party content is not. We do not meet the gold standard for banking but are in pretty good shape for a forum.

right clicking on this page and clicking properties, I get this:

Capture1.JPG

but on the flag sale page I get this:

Capture1.JPG

However, the lock icon acts the same on both pages.

This morning It looks like It's all encrypted. BOOYA.

I'm double encrypted, with my private VPN being also. ...Hmmm....Where do I want my location to be today?

Capture1.JPG

Is this because of the Ashley Madison hack?
If my wife finds out that I am a member of JetBoaters.net and you guys are spending my money for me....wait....I don't have a wife! I'm good! Carry on!!

Back