• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welp...Impellers finally showed up.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Well I waited over 6 months to get my impellers and wear rings because of supply chain issues. Turns out they have been at the dealer for awhile and they didn't bother to call me and tell me they were in. Service manager said it was because he didn't have any appointments available to have me come in and get them replaced. I laughed. "You think I sat around and missed last season waiting for these parts?

I was able to locate the parts from a Yamaha Parts Warehouse and did the pumps myself. So glad I didn't wait for the impellers to come in. See anything wrong with this picture? Parts have been re-ordered.

Attachments

• Impellers.jpg
    Impellers.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 93
Totally different pitch. Not even close

Lol, wow. Big brother and little brother?
The shorter one is correct. The other one must be for turbo charged. Yamaha doesn't make high altitude impellers according to my dealer.

@RobbieO , are you sure those are not the correct impellers for your boat. Once upon a time yamaha used to provide differently pitched impellers on their twin engine jet boats. The difference in pitch is around 1.5 degrees according to my shop manual. The port is distinguished from the starboard not just by model number but by lines etched into the top of the impeller on the part that makes up the nut. Not sure when Yamaha started putting the same impeller with the same pitch in its twin size engine jet boats but think it was around 2015. Here is a screen shot of my impeller part numbers.
700007BB-CAD2-45AA-9AC2-5EDBB7CB9EEE.png

@RobbieO , are you sure those are not the correct impellers for your boat. Once upon a time yamaha used to provide differently pitched impellers on their twin engine jet boats. The difference in pitch is around 1.5 degrees according to my shop manual. The port is distinguished from the starboard not just by model number but by lines etched into the top of the impeller on the part that makes up the nut. Not sure when Yamaha started putting the same impeller with the same pitch in its twin size engine jet boats but think it was around 2015. Here is a screen shot of my impeller part numbers.
View attachment 168954
They are the same. I had mine out last summer. The part # is the same for port and starboard. Even the dealer said they should be the same. I did hear/read somewhere at one time they were different. Maybe pre-2019.

Made in Taiwan not China? Emperor Pooh will NOT be happy. :oops:
Better Taiwan than China. ? Items manufactured in Vietnam are of superior quality, especially furniture. This is based on my experience.

It is my understanding that Solas makes the OEM impellers for Yamaha. Solas is in Taiwan

I’ve had many Solas impellers. So far I’ve purchased three and had them custom pitched by impros for my 242ls. Two suffered catastrophic failures at different times (both lost a blade while out on the water). I’ve since gone back to the stock units and keep the third Solas around as a spare or possibly for one of my Waverunners. I can’t speak to the quality of China but it’s unlikely that I will ever buy another Solas impeller. I’ve never had an oem impeller fail on me. I’m 2 for 3 on Solas. If I need an impeller repitched it will be a stock unit.

Back