• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What’s up with your nickname (screen name)??

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I loved/still love any game aviation related. Can’t say I remember the one ur referring to but it is incredible how realistic they’ve become. R u still into them? I’m looking forward to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to be released. Looks insane!
Somewhat but I moved to xbox.. its. Not the same as on a PC but with kids they all can play

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm convinced there isn't another boat on the market that can "E-Stop" like a Yamaha. Not sure how the Chaps/Scarabs (Rotax powered boats) do in that maneuver though.
Good point. I believe you're correct. Water gets directed parallel to the water's surface (which is closer to the surface too). My 2015 Yami was perpendicular directing the water underneath the boat. I also think that bucket design may stick below the hull. If this is true, would have much better stopping power of Chap's design.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I design electrical in high rise buildings. So I_Squared_R is the formula for power, P=I^2R it was the 1st thing that I could think of. I'm curious if anyone noticed that.
I noticed. Thought it was clever.

Had a buddy that put "dV dT" on the license plate of his obnoxiously fast BMW. Taped a line between the V and d to make it dV/dT. Always thought that was pretty clever as well.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting as my "handle" is also my boat's name. Back when jet boats were new and consistently made fun of and not taken seriously ("so it's a jet ski ehh?"), I was trying to think of something witty and original. Since most boats, back then were/are propped, and jet boats do not have props, "Props 2 You" is my back-handed comment to the prop boats that still don't think jet boats are a real thing/contender, and it's a twin-engine hence the 2. Thus PROPS 2 YOU is born.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Day job is a pilot, and I got a jet boat, I trust the thrust! so it ended up being the boats name. Wife shot down some of the not PG names for the boat
That’s awesome. What do you fly? Started working on my PPL a few years back n got all my hours/requirements to be able to get my check ride but never completed. That’s one of my goals this year.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Interesting as my "handle" is also my boat's name. Back when jet boats were new and consistently made fun of and not taken seriously ("so it's a jet ski ehh?"), I was trying to think of something witty and original. Since most boats, back then were/are propped, and jet boats do not have props, "Props 2 You" is my back-handed comment to the prop boats that still don't think jet boats are a real thing/contender, and it's a twin-engine hence the 2. Thus PROPS 2 YOU is born.
I like it...clever.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome. What do you fly? Started working on my PPL a few years back n got all my hours/requirements to be able to get my check ride but never completed. That’s one of my goals this year.
Pilatus PC-12s, was flying Beechjet 400s for awhile, couple other smaller things. I was looking to take the step to a major airline but the virus put that on hold.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think I understood when I signed up that my login name was going to be my permanent screen name. So I went with tdonoughue. I'm Tim. Not very original either. Seriously thought of having them change it to anything more original, but then thought that would probably just confuse everyone more than it would benefit...

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't think I understood when I signed up that my login name was going to be my permanent screen name. So I went with tdonoughue. I'm Tim. Not very original either. Seriously thought of having them change it to anything more original, but then thought that would probably just confuse everyone more than it would benefit...
Haha. I have zero creativity. There r some really great ones here...interesting back stories too!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tim, I don’t know exactly why, but learning your first name is the same as my little brother. I thought you might enjoy this little gem from long ago:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I worked for years part time for my Friends Motorcycle/jetski shop in Massachusetts.
Rick, the owner never used anyone's real name and he gave everyone a nickname based on their personality or looks.
I can fix or work on just about anything and my first name is James so he called me Jimmy Neutron.
So all my friends from there all call me Neutron

WilCo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another pilot here. Wilco is shorthand for will comply when speaking on the radio. Unfortunately with 4 kids, I don’t fly much anymore, but that’s why I have a boat!
Boating is actually cheaper than some other hobbies!

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I worked for years part time for my Friends Motorcycle/jetski shop in Massachusetts.
Rick, the owner never used anyone's real name and he gave everyone a nickname based on their personality or looks.
I can fix or work on just about anything and my first name is James so he called me Jimmy Neutron.
So all my friends from there all call me Neutron
That’s fantastic hahaha!

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was born in Havana Cuba. Fidel Castro was often referred to as El Comandante. My wife and family in general are convinced Im crazy and have a bad temper, which I completely and categorically deny dammit! Anyways....I am the Comandante of my boat. If you don't follow my rules you're over the side. I think that's perfectly reasonable.