• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What actually is the Surf Stream wake enhancement system, and how well does it create a surf-able wake?

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hello,

I’ve been out of boating for twenty years but we’ve been renting boats the last couple of years (next spring we might jump back into boat ownership) so I’m trying to do some research on what is our best boat options.

I’m an avid snowmobiler (we ride 4-stroke Skidoo’s with 900 ACE engine so I have experience with rotax).

Might be looking at a 195/215 or maybe buying our second boat first and going to the 255.

Can you get a decent wake wave out of these boats with the wake package?

And what is the optional “Surf Stream wake enhancement system”? Is this some kind of add-on plate and is it something you attach when you surf, or is it permanently mounted to the boat?

And thirdly, if it helps the wake creation why isn’t it just a standard in the wake package???

Thx

Blake Fenton

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It does indeed help with the surfability of the wake. I have the 255 and added that as an option. I think parts and install at my dealer in Louisiana it ended up being $500 for both sides. I'm a 250 lbs guy and I can drop the rope as long as the water is at least 11+ feet deep. We do have extra ballast on board though. a 350 at the front, 800 extra mid and 350 at the back, along with the stock ballast. I'm not sure on the 195 or 215 though.

What it does is deflects the jet wash more to the opposite side so that your wake is firmer and has more push. You put it on the side that you are riding.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It does indeed help with the surfability of the wake. I have the 255 and added that as an option. I think parts and install at my dealer in Louisiana it ended up being $500 for both sides. I'm a 250 lbs guy and I can drop the rope as long as the water is at least 11+ feet deep. We do have extra ballast on board though. a 350 at the front, 800 extra mid and 350 at the back, along with the stock ballast. I'm not sure on the 195 or 215 though.

What it does is deflects the jet wash more to the opposite side so that your wake is firmer and has more push. You put it on the side that you are riding.
Thank you for the reply. So you have a total of 1500lbs in addition to the standard ballast in the wake package correct (I think that is 1,100 lbs)?

Also, if you bought it new can I ask you what the list price was and how much you paid? If you don’t want it to be public you can PM me and I will keep the details private. Right now I like the 255 about the new 250/255 from Yamaha but I am going to hold out judgment until I see both in person at the boat show. I am hearing Scarab Dealers are usually willing to negotiate (in a normal market, which I think next summer will be)

shaggy.canada

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length

I have the 255 with the surf package where did you get the surf steam package and what did it have was it just the shapers that connect to said or is there more

Thanks