• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What boat is right for you?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is about as good as it gets when factoring in the needs before purchasing a boat. I would just add to the first part about “who‘s going to be there” be honest with yourself. Sometimes people will get a bigger boat thinking all their fam and friends will be there, and they might come out a couple of times and then not so much. The smallest boat that gets the job done is the right size. In my personal case, if my life situation changed where I was having more people go along regularly, then that would be a great excuse to move up to a 255/252 FSH.

I need 4 boats to really be happy!

1. A Yamaha for general all around boating
2. A dedicated wake sports boat
3. A true fishing boat
4. A live-aboard that can easily handle open ocean conditions

That is all. Oh, and a canoe for Murtle Lake in BC Canada.

This is about as good as it gets when factoring in the needs before purchasing a boat. I would just add to the first part about “who‘s going to be there” be honest with yourself. Sometimes people will get a bigger boat thinking all their fam and friends will be there, and they might come out a couple of times and then not so much. The smallest boat that gets the job done is the right size. In my personal case, if my life situation changed where I was having more people go along regularly, then that would be a great excuse to move up to a 255/252 FSH.

Starting to see a lot of the 25' FSH in the wild. I don't fish but those things are sweet.

He has posted a number of good, no bullshit videos in the past.

I really like his bullet points:
  • who’s going
  • where are you boating
  • why boating (what activities)
  • what is budget
These are all great points for anyone to keep in mind when buying a boat.

Five years ago, my dream boat would have been a 30’ - 35’ boat that my wife and I could spend extended time on. As I got closer to retirement and actually retired, the last three bullets above changed.

Currently, my dream boat has actually morphed into:
  • a kayak for our small lakes and quiet saltwater bays
  • an older trailerable sailboat that I can overnight on
  • a SX220
We bought his and hers kayaks at the end of last Summer, still working on the sailboat and Yamaha!

Jim

I need 4 boats to really be happy!

1. A Yamaha for general all around boating
2. A dedicated wake sports boat
3. A true fishing boat
4. A live-aboard that can easily handle open ocean conditions

That is all. Oh, and a canoe for Murtle Lake in BC Canada.

A man of simple means lol!

Back