• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who here has 20mm SeaDek?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Working out my final selections before I place my order with the group buy (thanks @JetBoatPilot !) and am trying to decide whether the upgraded 20mm “anti fatigue” mat in the helm is worth it. How many folks here have sprung for the upgrade? Was it worth it in your opinion? If anything I normally find my feet “propped up” on the angled section (mat 7 on the JBP layout), considering looking into that as a thicker unit instead.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have it at the helm of my 210 FSH, and love it. I don’t know if it actually helps with fatigue, because I am superman and don’t get fatigued…😎
But it is definitely a lot more comfortable. The only downfall is it is higher than the rest of the sea deck and it is cause me to trip/stub my toe. But obviously that didn’t hurt, again superman 🤣

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have it on the upper swim deck and lower swim deck back support cushions only. I don’t use either area near enough so can’t say I feel the difference but they look great as OEM cushion Replacements.

I also have seadek thoughout the cockpit and the optional prices as well. I considered purchasing the pad you are but at $200 I just could squeeze the trigger, especially since it would have been a replacement piece not an additional piece to the cockpit kit. Another way to look at it for me is that I’m already $1,500+ into seadek, the subject piece is $200 whether I buy it alone as part of the cockpit kit, if I buy it alone I get a piece of normal thickness with the cockpit kit, that is I get another piece. I eventually decided to use the regular piece for now and may upgrade it next year. I love the look and feel of the sea deck compared compared to the OEM carpet and hydro turf but it is expensive, $200 for one piece that I anticipate will cause me the same problems as @mkbcaptain, I don’t think so, at least not right now. I imagine that after the first time I stub my toe, possibly many times or every time afterwards I would be thinking, “I paid an extra $200 for that “privilege”, I’m an F’ing idiot!”

It’s not like I’m Superman who doesn’t feel pain, I’m Batman and have a Batboat. Notice the decals in the last two pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have it at the helm of my 210 FSH, and love it. I don’t know if it actually helps with fatigue, because I am superman and don’t get fatigued…😎
But it is definitely a lot more comfortable. The only downfall is it is higher than the rest of the sea deck and it is cause me to trip/stub my toe. But obviously that didn’t hurt, again superman 🤣
I have it on the upper swim deck and lower swim deck back support cushions only. I don’t use either area near enough so can’t say I feel the difference but they look great as OEM cushion Replacements.

I also have seadek thoughout the cockpit and the optional prices as well. I considered purchasing the pad you are but at $200 I just could squeeze the trigger, especially since it would have been a replacement piece not an additional piece to the cockpit kit. Another way to look at it for me is that I’m already $1,500+ into seadek, the subject piece is $200 whether I buy it alone as part of the cockpit kit, if I buy it alone I get a piece of normal thickness with the cockpit kit, that is I get another piece. I eventually decided to use the regular piece for now and may upgrade it next year. I love the look and feel of the sea deck compared compared to the OEM carpet and hydro turf but it is expensive, $200 for one piece that I anticipate will cause me the same problems as @mkbcaptain, I don’t think so, at least not right now. I imagine that after the first time I stub my toe, possibly many times or every time afterwards I would be thinking, “I paid an extra $200 for that “privilege”, I’m an F’ing idiot!”

It’s not like I’m Superman who doesn’t feel pain, I’m Batman and have a Batboat. Notice the decals in the last two pics.
That’s a real good point, I hadn’t considered the toe stubbage situation and those photos really show the difference - I could see how that’d be the case. Pretty much makes the call for me on the floor mat, but I am still chewing on the angled portion (#7), figure it’s already elevated at such a position that the toes may be in less danger lol. Superman or not, I’m still usually barefoot (with those stupid carpet snaps which are a crime against humanity! Lol).

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

@Ronnie - Looks great! What are your table and grill attached to?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie - Looks great! What are your table and grill attached to?
Cup holder / rod holder combos. I installed two more in the bow at the sides of the anchor locker as well. Just like to have options.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can kind of see in the second picture how much higher it sticks up.

Attachments

AEmedic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It being so obviously higher is the reason I didn't order it. I don't like the way it looks...

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have it on the clean out lid (upper swim deck) I did not like seat cushions there as you have to unsnap them to get to clean out tray lid every time. With the thick sea deck its soft to set on but not in way to open lid.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Given the opportunity(lets say free upgrade), would you use the 20mm everywhere, or is it “too spongy” for an everywhere use?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Given the opportunity(lets say free upgrade), would you use the 20mm everywhere, or is it “too spongy” for an everywhere use?
I personally wouldn’t want it on all the main traffic areas, but definitely on any seating areas or swim deck!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length

Never seen those chrome handlebars flanking the bow anchor locker.. stock or did you install those?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never seen those chrome handlebars flanking the bow anchor locker.. stock or did you install those?
I installed the handles. I ordered them from yamaha sports plaza, yamaha uses them in other locations on the first generation 240s. I think the total cost with hardware was $80ish.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have the driver piece in 20mm and holy crap what a nice difference it is, especially if you like to stand alot when you drive(i do). Take alot of the leg/feet fatigue away for me.