• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Who would be interested in a writing competition?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have two prominent pieces of verbiage that I have written but could very likely use improvement. If members are interested we could hold a competition with member voting for replacements for these.

The first is our meta description that is used by search engines to extract keywords and describe our forum.

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.59.50 AM.png

The current full text is "The fastest growing JetBoat forum! Discussion and reviews of Yamaha, Chapparal, Four Winns, Glastron, Scarab, Sea Doo and Sugar Sand Jet Boats. We have several regional gatherings each year and hundreds of tips to help our members enjoy and maintain their boats. You can use our member map to find other Jet Boat owners in your area. We also have exclusive discounts for our members with boating vendors."

The second is the text on our forum promotional cards.

CardsClose.jpg

Would anyone be interested in a competition to rewrite these?

For the cards, How about, "Ignore what the misinformed, mal-intended 'expert' or boat sales person for brand x told you...check out this website for real owner feedback on jet boat ownership. You'll be glad you did!"

Last edited:
I think you could definitely use more keywords in your meta description. Things like boating, runabout, bowrider, stern drive,watersports, etc...

I might be interested in helping contribute. What is your goal?

The goal of the meta description is to increase search engine traffic. The volume of content on our forum brings visitors to specific pages. But keywords in this blurb help and it is the few sentences presented to prospects who run searches such as "jet boat forum". "The most active" might be a better lead than "The fastest growing" now.

The goal of the cards is to entice someone who finds a card in their boat, on their windscreen or at a boat show to type the URL into their browser.

The goal of this thread is for the creative writers amongst us to have a little bit of fun improving on the current wording.

A Friday night and a good bottle of cabarnet and I may be up for the challenge.:winkingthumbsup"

I can contribute to this. What is your time frame? Count me in for a competition.

How does voting starting April 2nd sound?

Does this have to make for an easy read or is it more for the search engines?

Both need to be enticing to read. The meta description needs to cover a wide variety of keywords in a shorter length.

It has been suggested that we might convert the cards to a series of bullet points.

Back