• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Winter cover opinions?

captedit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Good Morning! I have a 2023 Yamaha 195S stored in a covered slip in East TN. The winters can get cold, but it rarely snows. I have the Yamaha cover, which of course I will snug up for storage on the slip (see pic). Would there be any benefit in also throwing the storage cover over it? I'm thinking NO, I want it to breathe, but wanted to check just in case.
PXL_20230604_161202239.jpg

I've always heard that you should not double cover. The gap between them can get moldy with no real way to know till too late.

I've always heard that you should not double cover. The gap between them can get moldy with no real way to know till too late.
Yeah I'm thinking the same, thanks.

Empire covers aka Budge has a 60% off sale going on for sometime now. I have one of their covers that goes over my entire boat, including the T top, and it is the cover I use 99.9% of the time, is easy to put on and it protects everything from the cap rails on up from the #1 enemy the sun, and the #2 enemy hail, it takes me maybe 5 mins on, and about 5 mins off, I have been known to put it on quite a bit faster if I’m racing a thunderstorm and possible hail, If you want a good cover to cover up the whole boat then get one of their covers, they don‘t look as cool, but I think they are a better cover. The cover is now three seasons old, and while the most sun exposed parts are fading a bit, it is still in good order, my OEM Yamaha cover states to keep it out of the sun???? The OEM cover is reserved for towing and trip stop overs.

A0E16BB3-86EB-4EDF-9DC3-2A09FA85E0C5.jpeg

Back