• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wired Remote for Factory Radio?

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the Jensen Marc100 which the wired remote that’s capable with the MA200 stereo deck in my 2017 AR195. Currently I run Bluetooth off my iPhone most of the time and use my phone to pick and choose songs and adjust the volume. However it runs my phone down fairly fast and with my phone in the sun it’s caused it to overheat a few times. I’m hoping this will solve my problem and I can just keep my phone in the glovebox plugged into the usb charging port. The only thing after I order it I looked at my dash and I’m not sure where it will fit for mounting.
Did you end up getting this installed? Just curious where you put it on the dash?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It seems like the Marc200 is considered waterproof, vice resistant. First, are you stating that this can replace the OEM unit at the stern? If so, is it smaller than hole created from the OEM unit?

I think the parent company for the Marine stereos labeled as Marine audio, Jensen and PolK are made by ASA . My rear remote knob went bad on my 2017 242x and I ordered the MARC200 (Jensen remote ) that pugs into the the stock harness at the time amazon had them listed for $19 now they are $58 you can add remote control Y cable ad add up to 3 if needed it works . The hole needed for the marc200 is 40mm or 1 5/8'' it comes with the extension cable. These remote units seem to all work together and use the same plugs and pin out configuration and allow multiple remotes using the y cable shown below

View attachment 86745

below is info for the polk unit but it has other optional remotes that should work and shows the options available in wiring the MARC200 is confirmed to work with the polk unit
View attachment 86746

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It seems like the Marc200 is considered waterproof, vice resistant. First, are you stating that this can replace the OEM unit at the stern? If so, is it smaller than hole created from the OEM unit?
It’s smaller but you can make a plate from 1/8 aluminum it cuts with a jig saw and sands like wood . Cheap on amazon someone posted a picture or cover the hole with a table mount

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you end up getting this installed? Just curious where you put it on the dash?
If you do install in the same location by the throttle, don’t tighten down both sides real tight. It’s not a flat surface and if you tighten it down all the way after a month or two it causes the board to flex and the buttons stop working. I backed out the screw on one side and worked like new.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the input!

Ktwagner311

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jenson told me that the MARC-200 won’t work on my 2017 AR195 with MA-200 headunit and I need the MARC-100... does anyone know If that’s true??looks like the only difference is that the MARC200 has a male connector and MARC-100 has female?? The MARC-200 is much more available online and cheaper

ZJbrandon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great find . They were cheap on amazon then went up in price . I have relocated the the original remote and put the table mount over the hole filling in the hole was a bit of work but worth it . The new remote marc200 is now by the speaker on the rear swim platform. The cover is chrome and they come with a long cable you just need the y splitter

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It should come with the extension wire I'm not sure why they have marc 100 and marc 200 you will need the Y cable . It mounts through the face with screws and 40mm hole needed for the back. The salt water destroys the knob on the polk pa4a control mine was replaced under warranty and I relocated it on the 242X-e

Just be carful of relocating the pa4a control there is a wire harness in that location I drilled holes and used the fein saw and just missed it

20190703_120511_1562176984069_resized.jpg

Installed a table mount and filled the hole with plywood and used silicone to seal it installed the marc200 up higher

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cambo Thanks for the info.

My current setup doesn't have ANY remote to it, so this will be a full new installation. If I can get TWO remotes that would be awesome. One at the helm, and one on the swim platform.

Any idea if the MARC200 works with the MA200 head unit?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DavisAR195 @Edwin

Can you guys confirm this $20 remote comes with a cable and mounting bracket/hardware?

Any comments on it working/not working well? Any tips/tricks with it?
The one I bought was from the manufacturer and it was $87 I think and it came with the cable and you have to buy the mounting screws.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping to get some help from those that have installed dual remotes on an MA200 head unit.

I found two MARC100 remotes online for $19 each. Then purchased the Polk PRCYC1 as shown in the diagram above. All to hook to my MA200 head unit. This configuration DOES NOT work together.

The PRCYC1 has a single male lead and two female leads that make up the "Y". My head unit had a male input, and the remotes have female outputs. Basically, I need the Y to be a single female and two males.

I installed a single remote at the helm, and it works as it should (in the garage anyway), I would like to put the second on the swim platform to adjust volume from the water at anchor.......just need to either figure out what kind of connector this is and get 3 gender changers, find the appropriate y connection, or fab my own, which doesn't sound like fun at all.

Any help? @Cambo @DavisAR195 @KyleP @ThatJeepGuy

Pictures of the adapter.

Single male from head unit (head unit has male output)
IMG_20190804_135840.jpg

Output side of Y. Two female connections. MARC100's have female connections.
IMG_20190804_135845.jpg

Overall of the PRCYC1:
IMG_20190804_135851.jpg

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping to get some help from those that have installed dual remotes on an MA200 head unit.

I found two MARC100 remotes online for $19 each. Then purchased the Polk PRCYC1 as shown in the diagram above. All to hook to my MA200 head unit. This configuration DOES NOT work together.

The PRCYC1 has a single male lead and two female leads that make up the "Y". My head unit had a male input, and the remotes have female outputs. Basically, I need the Y to be a single female and two males.

I installed a single remote at the helm, and it works as it should (in the garage anyway), I would like to put the second on the swim platform to adjust volume from the water at anchor.......just need to either figure out what kind of connector this is and get 3 gender changers, find the appropriate y connection, or fab my own, which doesn't sound like fun at all.

Any help? @Cambo @DavisAR195 @KyleP @ThatJeepGuy

Pictures of the adapter.

Single male from head unit (head unit has male output)
View attachment 101814

Output side of Y. Two female connections. MARC100's have female connections.
View attachment 101815

Overall of the PRCYC1:
View attachment 101816
Apologies friend, I am not familiar with how to install 2 remotes. I only installed the one on the swim platform. Hopefully you get the info you need

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apologies friend, I am not familiar with how to install 2 remotes. I only installed the one on the swim platform. Hopefully you get the info you need
No worries. Thanks for the reply.

@tek4fun any idea what connector that is? I'm not afraid of making my own harness, just need to figure out what that connector is called and order the proper number of proper gendered pieces.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No worries. Thanks for the reply.

@tek4fun any idea what connector that is? I'm not afraid of making my own harness, just need to figure out what that connector is called and order the proper number of proper gendered pieces.
It looks like a 4 pin Din style connector. I have seen those before but do not know an exact part number. Unfortunately there are many variations of Din connectors, because of the differences in the keying, etc.

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like a 4 pin Din style connector. I have seen those before but do not know an exact part number. Unfortunately there are many variations of Din connectors, because of the differences in the keying, etc.
Thanks for the response. That's a good place to start. I think there are 8 or 10 pins in there (I'll count and get a better pic tonight).