• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2019 AR210 - Water coming up through storage locker drain plug

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I am not understanding...... How is water filling up in the boat? Mine is bone dry after being slapped around all day on the water.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a bad idea. Clean up the area, use some 4200 and put it back in. It's probably backing up from the anchor locker.
It's not from the anchor locker, and this has been fixed long ago. My own trials with this lead me to believe the ski locker filling up likely isn't from the anchor locker, or at least isn't the primary cause in my experience, but there's no way of knowing the OP's situation, since the OP hasn't given any more info.

@HangOutdoors, with all the possible leak points of these boats, it's filling up the bilge. Our bilge can hold a ton of water, easily 15 gallons or more, before the bilge pump ever kicks on while at rest. The lowest point of our boats is actually under the ski locker, which is how the water is high enough to leak into the ski locker. The drain plug is at least slightly below the bilge pump when at rest on the water. With the crap crack assembly team in Vonore not adding sealant under/around the ski locker drain, the water simply seeps up around the edges of the fitting itself. The drain plug is rendered useless by the lack of sealant. Stepping on the boat or any sort of pressure, such as walking towards the bow, increases the pressure and fills the ski locker faster. The only way to drain it is by manual means, or take out the drain plug and take the boat for a ride. The water moves backwards at speed, trips the bilge, and the bilge pumps out most of the excess. The ski locker drain is small, so it'll take a while to empty out.

The solution is to address all leaks, or at least get them to a point you're comfortable with, wherever they may be.

This is why it would be helpful for @jjblough or anyone else who starts these threads to complete the circle and let us know if what the dealer attempted was enough to fix his problem. Since the anchor locker drain fitting tends to manifest itself during slow/no-wake speeds, and not at rest, it seems like whatever his dealer did will help eliminate one of the potential leaks he's got, but I suspect he has/had more areas contributing to the excess water in his boat.

jjblough

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My deepest apologies for not closing the loop here. The issue was from a void between the anchor locker allowing water to enter the inner hull and pressurize enough to come up through the storage locker. This was verified by Yamaha and the Yamaha service tech. Simple fix by installing a new flange and resealing. No other areas contributing to any leaks once the repair was made. Sold boat shortly there after.