• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 210 FSH Glove Compartment

Carolina Rob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is most probably a rookie mistake or operator error on my part. I left some of the important documents such as the temporary registrations, warranty forms, etc. that I received from the dealer inside of the locked glove compartment. The boat was not covered while the dealer was modifying the Yamaha cover to fit the trolling motor mount. Yes the Yamaha cover came with a zipper compartment, specifically designed to allow for the trolling motor mount to fit, but it did not line up with the trolling motor mount, despite the dealer installing the mount exactly where it should have been installed. The dealer got their "Canvas Guy" to add a small pocket to the cover to allow it to fit snuggly with the tolling motor mount installed. (I digress.) Has anyone had similar problems with large amounts of rain water entering the glove compartment? I would like to be able to store some items in this compartment, even when it is not covered. I now have the cover back and intend to keep it covered while not in use. Has anyone attempted to add some type of seal or weather stripping to this compartment? I guess if I was caught in a rain storm while out on the boat (which has happened) I need to remember that this compartment is not even water resistant. Has anyone else had issues with the Yamaha cover not fitting over the trolling motor mount? Your thoughts?

This is most probably a rookie mistake or operator error on my part. I left some of the important documents such as the temporary registrations, warranty forms, etc. that I received from the dealer inside of the locked glove compartment. The boat was not covered while the dealer was modifying the Yamaha cover to fit the trolling motor mount. Yes the Yamaha cover came with a zipper compartment, specifically designed to allow for the trolling motor mount to fit, but it did not line up with the trolling motor mount, despite the dealer installing the mount exactly where it should have been installed. The dealer got their "Canvas Guy" to add a small pocket to the cover to allow it to fit snuggly with the tolling motor mount installed. (I digress.) Has anyone had similar problems with large amounts of rain water entering the glove compartment? I would like to be able to store some items in this compartment, even when it is not covered. I now have the cover back and intend to keep it covered while not in use. Has anyone attempted to add some type of seal or weather stripping to this compartment? I guess if I was caught in a rain storm while out on the boat (which has happened) I need to remember that this compartment is not even water resistant. Has anyone else had issues with the Yamaha cover not fitting over the trolling motor mount? Your thoughts?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune…. I keep anything I don’t want to get wet in zip loc bags… I can’t say I ever have gotten water in the lockable glove box, even when washing the boat. By any chance did you check the cup holder drains on the dash to make sure the 3/8” tubing is still attached? Perhaps that is where the water came from?

I made copies of my docs to keep on the boat.
Also second zip locks. My box seems to seal pretty well. Strange it filled with water. Maybe the cup holder as 210 Sport suggested.

Can't help with the water issue - seems odd though as the glovebox is inside the covered section?

I also made photocopies of all ID and documents needed for the boat and keep them in a large freezer ziploc bag, arranged for easy viewing. If stopped, the officers can see our ID and documents without having to open the bag. I keep the bag in the glovebox for easy access.

Back