• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 27'?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Twin 260 HP motors in a 19 footer is his wish list...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would be pointless and a crap ride IMO unless it came with trim nozzle or tabs.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I predict there will be a lot of used 24’ boats hit the market if there is a 260/262 announced. Might be a good time to buy one if so.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I hope the supercharged engines are not limited to the top, most expensive package.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I predict there will be a lot of used 24’ boats hit the market if there is a 260/262 announced. Might be a good time to buy one if so.
I'll have my 19' for sale for sure.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not mine... most likely.

And, I really hope I'm wrong because I would like a new boat.
But, I do not think the new hull will offer advantages that would make it worth twice the price. In fact, the surf wave and ocean handling may or may not be significantly better while fuel economy/range will most likely be diminished.

I can recall very few occasions wherein I would feel limited by my 12 passenger capacity.

Now, for new buyers - IDK - that's going to be interesting. But if I were upgrading to a 100k boat, it would either be an absolute surf/wake machine or something more sea worthy with longer range, so most likely a completely different boat with O/Bs.

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For my anything more than my 240 would be a waste. 90% of the time its just my wife and I and the 2 puppies.
If i had a few kiddies still at home and their friends, i would consider a larger boat.
Maybe 3 times a year i get the guys from work out on my boat. But usually there it 2 or more other boats with us so no need for more room.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For my anything more than my 240 would be a waste. 90% of the time its just my wife and I and the 2 puppies.
If i had a few kiddies still at home and their friends, i would consider a larger boat.
Maybe 3 times a year i get the guys from work out on my boat. But usually there it 2 or more other boats with us so no need for more room.
Agreed. I have little need for a larger bowrider in this style. I'll eventually move to a larger boat, but it'll be something with a usable cabin or with twin outboards.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not mine... most likely.

But, I do not think the new hull will offer advantages that would make it worth twice the price. In fact, the surf wave and ocean handling may or may not be significantly better while fuel economy/range will most likely be diminished.

I can recall very few occasions wherein I would feel limited by my 12 passenger capacity.

Now, for new buyers - IDK - that's going to be interesting. But if I were upgrading to a 100k boat, it would either be an absolute surf/wake machine or something more sea worthy with longer range, so most likely a completely different boat with O/Bs.

--
I totally agree. The 24’ boats are plenty o
Big enough. I just know how a lot of guys are with their toys. Have to have the latest and greatest all the time. I’m amazed at some of the wake boat guys who trade every year for new models. Maybe not of a lot of people on this forum, but I’m sure there’s Yamaha owners who do the same.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If they offer twin supercharged engines on 2019 24 footers (and not just the 26 footers), I could see more used 2018 and prior 24 footers hitting the sale ads for people wanting to upgrade to newer flashier colors with supercharged engines. Maybe sea deck stock in the 2019’s for all sizes??

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know the 3 foot-itus was hitting hard when we were on the way to Bimini!
I would have gladly suffered some gas mileage for a nicer ride!
I am sure that is how the bigger new boat will be a nicer ride for many in the 24' boats as well!
I only used half a tank getting to Bimini. Sounds great, except that we got pounded fairly hard. I think even the glasstron cut through better than my boat; we kinda skipped on wave tops.
I would assume Yamaha will put a bigger tank in this new boat. They aren't dumb.
As for a cabin, I don't really see it right out the door.
No matter what they do, I am reforming my budget already because my truck is coming due for an upgrade. So the boat would be next but would be a couple/few years.

Last thought of the night...
Interest rates are inching up right now.
If you were going to buy a boat on loan, it's probably now or wait. Although, this will mean used boats will be worth plenty and won't decrease much in value for a bit. If my life goes as smoothly as clockwork, then my boat should be up for sale in a few and that will be to my benefit I would think at least on resale end of the deal.

Merry Christmas everyone! and to all a good night!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not mine... most likely.

--
I feel capacity limited on my 230. By the time i have 8 people, plus stuff my boat feels cramped. Part of it is likely due to a lot of my friends bringing loads of snacks and stuff, we are bad at using the built in storage, and we dont do great at migrating to the sandbar. We usually have to carefully choose who we invite to factor in space restraints.

My boat is more of a party boat though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only used half a tank getting to Bimini.
Flat water conditions had a lot to do with that, albeit the MR-1s are known to have better fuel economy than 1.8s, not to mention SHO/SVHOs. We crossed in a 190 and in a 240, both times using pretty much the entire tank - indicating to me it would be difficult to do that without refueling running with supercharger(s). Sure, the new 26?' will have a larger tank but I doubt the range will increase, more likely not.

I would have gladly suffered some gas mileage for a nicer ride!
I am sure that is how the bigger new boat will be a nicer ride for many in the 24' boats as well!
I think we need to wait and see. They may add length to the swim deck and the bow (kind of like a "deck boat" style) without enlarging the wet hull surface by much (which would be good and bad, actually, but it may or may not necessarily improve rough water handling characteristics). You know, the YJBs are already "shorter" as far as wet surface than traditional transom hulls, by about 2ft.

I'm very, very curious about those new 260/262s!

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I had convinced myself earlier this year I needed a bigger boat after hanging on a friends boat. I started looking at 32ft+ boats with doubles and triples on the back but my wife pointed out as went along this summer some of things we do now could not be done with those boats as they are too large. I agree a 27ft Yamaha would be nice but I just do not see myself needing anything bigger then what I got if I make change it will be to something with an offshore style hull in a similar size range

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski Sure, the new 26?' will have a larger tank but I doubt the range will increase, more likely not.

They will get st least 2ft more distance!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think we need to wait and see. They may add length to the swim deck and the bow (kind of like a "deck boat" style) without enlarging the wet hull surface by much (which would be good and bad, actually, but it may or may not necessarily improve rough water handling characteristics). You know, the YJBs are already "shorter" as far as wet surface than traditional transom hulls, by about 2ft.

I'm very, very curious about those new 260/262s!

--
I really would like to see a boat with same proportions at current 24’ models, just stretched a couple feet. Adding to swim deck or bow only would be a huge disappointment

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on cabin cruiser!!!
Sure.
Pushed by twin O/Bs? Might as well, once you add that cabin, lol.

In all seriousness, Yamaha has this segment of "family sport boat" (aka family water sports Swiss army knife) cornered pretty good, no? And jet power fitting superbly in that paradigm of water sports safety and shallow water/sandbar activities! Let's hope they are not going to screw that up building a wannabe motor yacht with supercharged engines and 50 mile range, for their own sake.

--