• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yet another keel guard thread?

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I have the white and lime green 212xe and looking to put a keel guard on it. I am leaning white but was wondering how the white holds up. Does is get dinghy or discolored? We wash the boat after every outing so any dirt or film won't stay on it long. Any insight would be appreciated!

I have a white keel guard on my AR230 and haven’t noticed it getting nasty in color and I’ve been on some nasty lakes!

I had a white keel shield turn yellow on me a few years ago after about three years of use, I’ve since went with a black one as I didn’t want to take another chance on a new white one yellowing. They come with a life time warranty, don’t know if it covers fading / discoloration and they are easy to install but they are a PItA to remove.

The last couple white ones I have installed cleaned up really well when I did my annual acid wash. The EZ on/off acid wash brightened it up and made it as white as new. So it was obvious biological build up and not the actual Keel Guard changing colors.

I would say match up the color of your hull as best you can, and just be ready to do the acid wash at least annually and you are set.

I have a white one on a blue hull. Still looking white after 50hrs of use. The other option was a blue that didn’t match at all. My only complaint is the dealer put it on higher in the front than I expected.

I have the white and lime green 212xe and looking to put a keel guard on it. I am leaning white but was wondering how the white holds up. Does is get dinghy or discolored? We wash the boat after every outing so any dirt or film won't stay on it long. Any insight would be appreciated!

I put a black one on a blue boat it looks fine.

I have a white one on a blue hull. Still looking white after 50hrs of use. The other option was a blue that didn’t match at all. My only complaint is the dealer put it on higher in the front than I expected.
How high did they go, the bow loop will stop anyone from putting it too high.

The thing many don't consider is floating debris as well. The keel can get smacked from that as easily as beaching. And with any weight int he bow, you will nearly have your bow eye loop in the water. As many of us have figured out taking on water through the anchor locker drain hole.

Back