• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

You have got to be kidding me ...<Closed for Replies>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, what a ridiculous thread, especially for this board. I just wish I had the time that some do to play tit for tat on a keyboard over meaningless garbage. Most of this sounds like playground BS..."he started it!". Life is way too short...

@Foobar thanks for your reviews; I found them informative. And thank you for being a man about posting your plastic bolt test/failure. Most would have kept quiet when not getting positive results. You have shown your integrity.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I realize I’m about 10 pages too late, but anyway a legit cooler question can be asked now?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All this dumpster fire needs now is a political debate.

/unsubscribe
/flee

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We do not need further discussion of offal!

Although, if it is Hogmanay it is difficult to avoid the haggis.
Proper haggis is delicious.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did I end up in the Comedy Forum, or the Drinking and Cooking Forum by accident?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know what, now that i'm ignoring he who won't be named, this thread is actually an enjoyable read!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not directed at any one or any member, so it is fair game per the admin advice earlier today.

Really?.jpg

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah...I guess I wasn't quite as blunt with my swipe at jet boats in general as I thought I was. But yes, with practice and familiarity, anything can become second nature.
Oh you were blunt enough. I thought you bailed on this forum a while back? Still butt hurt over your Tigers losing in the CFP playoffs?

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh you were blunt enough. I thought you bailed on this forum a while back? Just butt hurt over your Tigers losing in the CFP playoffs?
Really? I mean really? Come on bro...if your gonna come at me, don’t come that weak.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger patiently waiting for someone to take his bait of bashing jet boats.

D0FDFE4B-DBDB-4E90-8DA8-24E80CB2FA77.jpeg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I stopped reading at page 10, and I apologize for posting something that might be well behind where the current conversation is, BUT, I'm missing watching the People's Court on TV, so I'm gonna chime-in now... kind of like 2/3 of the way.
I've been a loyal member since 2015. I first joined this forum for info leading to the purchase of my first and only jet boat.
1. I watched the OP's video on youtube when it was first posted and I posted a positive comment on youtube. The video was truly informative. I don't have any steering enhancement on my boat, and I don't intend on installing it.
2. I don't like that the OP was attacked/threatened/pressured as a result of his assessment.
3. Cobra aka Jeff is Jeff and he may never change, BUT, it's a double-edged sword: he contributes valuable knowledge to the forum (and I find value in what he has to say), and he vigorously promotes his product because he truly believes it to be the best that there is, and he has patents, and he tells everybody that he has patents, and he says that Yamaha can't incorporate enhanced steering because of his patents. It could all be true. I don't know if this is about passion or about making $, or about the principle of not allowing others to rip-off your ideas. It could be all of the above, but it's safe to say that no Charm School is capable of managing Jeff. No insult intended. Hey, it's a forum and you get opinions, so that's what I'm providing.
4. I never used the "Yamaha" cooler that came with my boat. I use RTIC soft-sided coolers. Price and size variations can't be beat. I can stick them under the seats, behind the seats, and in my change room.
5. I really don't like how members have come to the point to think that it's ok to personally attack someone on the forum. I really don't like it.
6. I like @ClemsonTiger; he has been very helpful to me when I've asked him for advice. I appreciate that he shares his perspective, and I love his fish pics. BUT, I can see how some folks might be sensitive to someone saying something negative about their boat, especially considering that negative comments can impact resale value, BUT these folks need to look at this from the other side... wouldn't you like it if someone helped provide you with a complete picture before you bought your boat?
7. @Bruce is one of the best people that I've met in my whole life, and I really don't like it when someone disrespects him. I really don't like it. It's wrong.

That's it for now. Gonna cook supper while watching People's Court and Judge Judy. Love the PVR system.

I'd like to close by asking those who feel truly compelled to kick a member in the nuts, please do it via a PM. I really don't want to see it.

Love, and respect to all.
Moose-out.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Feature Request: Right to historic memory loss...how do we get this filtered from archives going forward, or at least flagged as cryptonite...Would be great to have a suspend and hide by popular vote option too. (maybe none of this is needed if we all behave going forward)
This forum is awesome, and I'm genuinely saddened that someone will stumble upon the remains of this thread when researching in the forum, until the end of time. This thread does not reflect the values I have found in this forum before. Interest in the full enjoyment of the boats of our members with Courtesy and Respect. (and I have not been here long, but had not seen a thread ever transform into the pile of [self-censored expletive] that this thread became after the main points were made up front. Few new ideas, lots of personal attacks, and no desire to genuinely persuade.) I think it's just the first time in a while that both sides of the disagreement are willing to continue the escalation race. In the past it was mostly one party, whoever it was, and the other would say their piece, and drop the mike, more or less. This was full on, no stopping, no breather.

I do suggest, if Its removed from history, I can pretend it never happened ;) Pages 1 and 2 seem to have the essence of it... The rest, future earth could live without. No disrespect to the fine contributors of good ideas in between the other messages.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ya wanna know something? MR2's suck! If I had one, I'd cut the roof off, and then cut what's left in half! I'd turn the rear half into the bestest cooler in the whole world! Better than yours! And then, I'd turn the front half into a grill - and it'd grill nothing but hot dogs made out of steak! They'd be so good, you wouldn't need any condiments or buns! And then, oh yeah, there's more - I'll turn that roof skin into the best dam steering fin the world has ever seen - and attach it with nylon bolts! Then I'll put the whole mess on a pair of 'toons and take it offshore somewhere really far, because it'd be the best offshore fishing boat IN THE UNIVERSE. IT'S GONNA BE HUUUUUGE.
I suggest applying for a patent! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.