• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

You have got to be kidding me ...<Closed for Replies>

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Administrative please consider closing this thread - it would be nice to do this, with a semi-positive and extremely thoughtful @MrMoose note, I doubt anyone would object.

Otherwise - we keep this empty balloon in the air, TTT, and really hurt the forum... IMO.

Moose-out?

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So anyways, did you hear the latest on Trump? (Insert real or fake news here)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Foobar, how do you feel about closing this thread?

Would you prefer that we broke off all the BS and left your original thread open?

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Would you prefer that we broke off all the BS and left your original thread open?
Break it off!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a joke dude. If I wanted it to be serious there are plenty of daily topics to take it to that level.
Like "What's the best cooler for instance."

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Amazed...on multiple level...

No one can expect absolute adherence to the rules..especially when governed by humans...

But when they espouse truance to be fair and equal yet fall soooo short....

Then it can be called out!

@Bruce @Julian @Administrative

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to apologize for the comments that I made to @ClemsonTiger and to the forums in general. I was trying to offer an actual comparison and didn't appreciate the response I received. I will continue to use the forums but I won't let someone get under my skin. I can say that being deployed puts me on edge and I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me. I don't think it would be a bad idea to shut this thread down since it doesn't add any value other than the original statements by @Foobar .

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
" I don't think it would be a bad idea to shut this thread down since it doesn't add any value other than the original statements by Foobar.
There is no value in this thread past the first couple of posts, and even the videos that started this snowball down the hill have been deleted. In my humble opinion this thread is a direct result of a LONG winter for most of us. I live in Kentucky and we have had snow 3 times in April so far, and frost on my windshield almost every day this month. We've all got a bad case of cabin fever, and this is the result. I say blow it up and move on. See you on the water!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to apologize for the comments that I made to @ClemsonTiger and to the forums in general. I was trying to offer an actual comparison and didn't appreciate the response I received. I will continue to use the forums but I won't let someone get under my skin. I can say that being deployed puts me on edge and I shouldn't have let my emotions get the best of me. I don't think it would be a bad idea to shut this thread down since it doesn't add any value other than the original statements by @Foobar .
You're a good man @Rob9550; thank you for your service.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no value in this thread past the first couple of posts, and even the videos that started this snowball down the hill have been deleted. In my humble opinion this thread is a direct result of a LONG winter for most of us. I live in Kentucky and we have had snow 3 times in April so far, and frost on my windshield almost every day this month. We've all got a bad case of cabin fever, and this is the result. I say blow it up and move on. See you on the water!
Not to stir the pot.... Please don't discount @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for his actions. Winter is not that long here as we've been on the water at minimum once per month. His arrogance for those videos are his and his alone.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, I stopped reading at page 10, and I apologize for posting something that might be well behind where the current conversation is, BUT, I'm missing watching the People's Court on TV, so I'm gonna chime-in now... kind of like 2/3 of the way.
I've been a loyal member since 2015. I first joined this forum for info leading to the purchase of my first and only jet boat.
1. I watched the OP's video on youtube when it was first posted and I posted a positive comment on youtube. The video was truly informative. I don't have any steering enhancement on my boat, and I don't intend on installing it.
2. I don't like that the OP was attacked/threatened/pressured as a result of his assessment.
3. Cobra aka Jeff is Jeff and he may never change, BUT, it's a double-edged sword: he contributes valuable knowledge to the forum (and I find value in what he has to say), and he vigorously promotes his product because he truly believes it to be the best that there is, and he has patents, and he tells everybody that he has patents, and he says that Yamaha can't incorporate enhanced steering because of his patents. It could all be true. I don't know if this is about passion or about making $, or about the principle of not allowing others to rip-off your ideas. It could be all of the above, but it's safe to say that no Charm School is capable of managing Jeff. No insult intended. Hey, it's a forum and you get opinions, so that's what I'm providing.
4. I never used the "Yamaha" cooler that came with my boat. I use RTIC soft-sided coolers. Price and size variations can't be beat. I can stick them under the seats, behind the seats, and in my change room.
5. I really don't like how members have come to the point to think that it's ok to personally attack someone on the forum. I really don't like it.
6. I like @ClemsonTiger; he has been very helpful to me when I've asked him for advice. I appreciate that he shares his perspective, and I love his fish pics. BUT, I can see how some folks might be sensitive to someone saying something negative about their boat, especially considering that negative comments can impact resale value, BUT these folks need to look at this from the other side... wouldn't you like it if someone helped provide you with a complete picture before you bought your boat?
7. @Bruce is one of the best people that I've met in my whole life, and I really don't like it when someone disrespects him. I really don't like it. It's wrong.

That's it for now. Gonna cook supper while watching People's Court and Judge Judy. Love the PVR system.

I'd like to close by asking those who feel truly compelled to kick a member in the nuts, please do it via a PM. I really don't want to see it.

Love, and respect to all.
Moose-out.
@MrMoose i appreciate your perspective of all of this craziness. Pretty spot on. Except for that guy I have on ignore. People are pretty irritated with him ;)

Last edited:

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Rob9550 you are a gentleman and scholar! If I have interacted in anyway that offended you, that is my fault alone and I apologize.

You are far beyond and better than those whom will not be mentioned at this time or anytime....unless deemed (by whatever definition that is unknown) necessary!

:winkingthumbsup"

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stopped reading on page 2. No time for drama. Both guys have taught me a lot. Both are way better that Jerry b on the Jeep forums, pretending he is unbiased, but gets all kinds of free stuff from vendors that are his best friends. I left (or got banned for pointing out his affiliation) all the Jeep forums because of that idiot. In before the lock!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whew, thanks @Ronnie , you had me worrying there for a second.:eek:
Sorry @zipper , i could go back and use CT as an example but (I debated a little about whether to state this) he is not worth the effort.

Off the walk comment: the most ironic / odd time I heard the above statement/logic used, “if Bill Gates dropped a $500 bill as he was walking it would not be worth his effort to turn around and pick it up because it would take him four seconds to do it. Since he made at the time $150 per second, it would cost him $600 to pick $500 up.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

What is this thread originally about again? The title and last few pages of posts lead me to think it could be about anything.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Don’t do that!! I’d lose all my likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.