• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose Jet Pump

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Can somebody share some photos of their jet pump? Pulling the kids in the tube, somehow my rudder turned and lodged sideways under my @Cobra Jet Steering LLC steering fins. I was able to get the boat back to the ramp and lift the pump and swing the rudder back into place, but I don’t know if I am missing something that caused the pump to lift. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can somebody share some photos of their jet pump? Pulling the kids in the tube, somehow my rudder turned and lodged sideways under my @Cobra Jet Steering LLC steering fins. I was able to get the boat back to the ramp and lift the pump and swing the rudder back into place, but I don’t know if I am missing something that caused the pump to lift. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
How is that even possible? Its connected to both jet pump nozzles with the cf’s.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is what I found after taking the boat out and back on the trailer. I originally noticed the issue when the steering became very heavy and had no left turn. Looks like the top bolt is loose allowing the pump head the rock up and down.
IMG_3616.jpegIMG_3617.jpegIMG_3618.jpeg

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Edit. Further inspection the bottom bolt and bushing is what fell out of the pump. The is the top one to verify it didn’t shear off and fits.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The only time That happens is if someone removed the bolts and did not use thread lock on them And the steering you have does not require the nozzle bolts to be removed for the installation and the top one looked loose also , Did you have any work done on the nozzle or pump recently?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That top bolt looks like it has thread locker on it (the red stuff in the threads), so what @Cobra Jet Steering LLC is saying would make sense. No thread locker, in addition to gravity and vibration working to loosen the lower bolt.

Some folks might assume since there's still "Red" on the threads, it's good to go right back in, as if Loctite works like a nylock nut, or perhaps they didn't clean the threads and reapply?

Regardless, sucks that it shortened your day. Does there appear to be any collateral damage, or will you be back in business with some new parts and fresh Loctite?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The only time That happens is if someone removed the bolts and did not use thread lock on them And the steering you have does not require the nozzle bolts to be removed for the installation and the top one looked loose also , Did you have any work done on the nozzle or pump recently?
No pump work done, guessing this may have just been from the Covid manufacturing process at Yamaha back in late 2021.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That top bolt looks like it has thread locker on it (the red stuff in the threads), so what @Cobra Jet Steering LLC is saying would make sense. No thread locker, in addition to gravity and vibration working to loosen the lower bolt.

Some folks might assume since there's still "Red" on the threads, it's good to go right back in, as if Loctite works like a nylock nut, or perhaps they didn't clean the threads and reapply?

Regardless, sucks that it shortened your day. Does there appear to be any collateral damage, or will you be back in business with some new parts and fresh Loctite?
A quick stop at Ace Hardware for some new stainless steel bushings, bolts and thread lock and we are back ready to do it again. $11.59 to do it myself, or $111.59 for the dealer I’m sure.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A quick stop at Ace Hardware for some new stainless steel bushings, bolts and thread lock and we are back ready to do it again. $11.59 to do it myself, or $111.59 for the dealer I’m sure.
If it was me I’d run a tap into the threads and a die over the bolts and blow out the bolt holes with compressed air to remove any original loc tite and moisture before re assembly.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If it was me I’d run a tap into the threads and a die over the bolts and blow out the bolt holes with compressed air to remove any original loc tite and moisture before re assembly.
I’m going to add this to my preventative maintenance plan to trust but verify they are good. Great idea, hitting the tool room tomorrow for a set of tap and dies.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Be sure you get the factory standoff for the bottom hole part number is 90387-08m30-00 it is the same as the top one and it creates a void for the nozzle to pivot freely

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Be sure you get the factory standoff for the bottom hole part number is 90387-08m30-00 it is the same as the top one and it creates a void for the nozzle to pivot freely
Thanks for the info!

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m going to add this to my preventative maintenance plan to trust but verify they are good. Great idea, hitting the tool room tomorrow for a set of tap and dies.
Whatever you do, don't buy harbor freight tap and dies. they are a complete garbage. as are most of the ones in the auto parts stores. Northern tool sells a brand called Klutch, they are pretty decent. If you buy the cheapest ones you can find you will be throwing your money down the toilet.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whatever you do, don't buy harbor freight tap and dies. they are a complete garbage. as are most of the ones in the auto parts stores. Northern tool sells a brand called Klutch, they are pretty decent. If you buy the cheapest ones you can find you will be throwing your money down the toilet.
Milwaukee has some sets in Packout containers slated to drop in August that I am eyeballing, doesn't help right now (unless my timeframe is off) but for future readers.... Price looks reasonable as well, but that could easily change

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length