• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

You need trim tabs! Yamaha AR250

Justbix1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I installed my lectrotab trim tabs on my 2024 AR250. The results are fantastic! I am not sure why these boats don’t come with them from the factory, the ability to control how high the bow rides really allows for these jet boats to be used in rough(er) seas.

backstory: I boat in the upper Chesapeake near Baltimore, the creeks are often calm, but the bay, let me tell you it’s extremely rough. In the afternoons on the weekends there are 3 foot white caps. This makes for a pretty rough ride with lots of pounding, in general not fun boating. The options are to slow down but the boat falls off plane near 25 mph, the bow raises and the boat pounds really hard. Next, option is to throttle down and drive the boat at 40mph. At this speed the boat rides flat with the V of the bow in the water and the ride smooths out, but 40 mph just feels rough on the boat with 3 footers.

Solution: trim tabs! I installed the 12x9 short ram, 28 foot cable, manual control head. Install was fairly simple, start to finish just shy of 6 hours. LectroTabs gave me a discount too. Total cost was right around $850.

With tabs down I can plane at 14mph. At 27, with the tabs slightly down people can ride in the bow in three foot seas. The tabs really transformed the boat. The are really a must have.

Build instructions coming soon!IMG_4445.jpegIMG_4447.jpegIMG_4448.jpegIMG_4445.jpegIMG_4447.jpegIMG_4448.jpegIMG_4437.jpeg

Justbix1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Top picture of my running at 25ish mph, tabs about 25%. Notice how flat the boat is riding. Second picture is 25mph tabs 75%. When the boat is riding this flat the bow slices through any waves, or chop with ease! IMG_4452.pngIMG_4453.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great write up!

Question for you, at 25 mph what is the fuel consumption difference between no tabs, 25% and 75% tabs? Just take the mph and divide that by the gph.

Jahall812

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm hoping to get mine installed this week. Did you use a grommet where the wires entered the boat? If so, what size?