• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Your first car

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, Cutlass to Camaro? Lookin' like a trend! :D
First of many camaros. 1989, 1991, 1994 Police Interceptor. My son now has had a 2017 and a 2018 SS 1LT that he drag races.. And drives daily.

My wife still makes fun of us. Haha

Attachments

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
That was my 2nd, loved that thing and drove it everywhere (on and off road)! Mine was an '89, 2-door, 4x4, black with silver, running boards, banging stereo (2x10" subs, upgraded other speakers, head-unit, etc). :cool:
I did the body work on mine and painted it black too added chrome nerf boards and yeah of course I hade a system. Alpine head and diamond subs. Lol

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
View attachment 146343
1987 Acura Legend L 5 speed with 130K miles. Beat the piss out of this car and it kept coming back for more. Every couple of months I start looking for 1995 Legend Coupes with the 6 speed and Type II. Seem to always miss out on getting my hands on one though.
My cousin's dad had a 1988 Acura Legend LX with the 5 speed. 4 door, but still one of the most memorable cars I've driven. Later that same uncle bought a Mazda Millenia with the Miller cycle engine, just loved it, and then an Audi TT after that.

As for me, the first car I "owned" back in high school was the 1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT coupe. It was two tone blue, similar to this one but I put aftermarket wheels on it, and a big "sunvisor" wing on the back windshield. Had a sweet sound system, and it had a digital dash with orange numbers. I remember you could switch the display from MPH to KPH, and at speed sometimes I would switch it when one of my parents was with me to freak em out a bit. (Not my car below, but very similar. Same wheels, but the top half was lighter blue and then that dark blue on the bottom trim).

1988-chevrolet-beretta-pic-64024.jpeg

The summer after my senior year it blew a water pump and killed the engine, and for two glorious days I ALMOST owned what is still one of my favorite cars; a 1994 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo, manual trans, silver color with red leather interior. It was slightly used (maybe off lease? I have no idea but it wasn't brand new) and the dealer sent me home in it; I took my parents for a few rides, and although my dad loved it as much as I did they wisely decided not to purchase a car approaching $40k (in 1994!) for a 19 year old.

I keep threatening to purchase a survivor that hasn't been tuned by some kid or street raced. It's such a light, nimble little touring car and just so much fun to drive:

silverrx7red1a.jpg

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First of many camaros. 1989, 1991, 1994 Police Interceptor. My son now has had a 2017 and a 2018 SS 1LT that he drag races.. And drives daily.

My wife still makes fun of us. Haha
1980 pictured above, 1994, 1999 Y87:
0331121009.jpg
and 2012 RS Convertible. "Betty Bee", because I bought it on my late grandmother's birthday. 20190406_161302.jpg