• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Your first car

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm not sure, my vote is still pending, Le Car is quite impressive !
Yeah it is. So far I win.
And back then, it was horrible. All my friends were driving Camaros, a Capri, a Caprise, a Nissan 280zx, a Monte, an RX7 - and here I come. However, I was the only that was able to drive anywhere in the snow. That POS LeCar would go everywhere with those skinny 13” tires.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First vehicle a 1982 Honda CM200x which we still have in Greece with well over 100,000miles.
First car I got to drive a 1984 Toyota Starlet station wagon. No longer have that but we still have our 1992 Toyota Corolla station wagon which runs great and have been thinking to bring to Texas but I am not sure it is worth the trouble and the burden of storing it

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
When I was 16 (1972), my Dad bought me a red 1966 Ford Mustang with 9,000 miles on it for $325.00. It was clean, like showroom clean. He bought it from a widow. I couldn't afford to buy that car now.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1979 chevy chevette (both were automatic transmision)
1st one was a blue 4 door 120,000miles $10 in 1993 (blew differential trying to wheelie the car with dirt bike in rear bumper) Insert $50 junkyard differential that would whistle on deceleration and sold it for $150.

2nd was a tan 4 door 60,000 miles $350 in 1995 (melted the motor "exhaust manifold glowing red"" I remember this because it was burning oil had to add 3 quarts every hour when the oil light would turn on, dripped some oil on red glowing manifold and had a fire to blow out" too much timing advanced "guessing") left abandoned in parking lot. (stripped the plates and vin off it) Was pulling a dirt bike trailer at 80mph with a bumper mounted hitch when it died.

Jumped them so many times I broke the headlight mounts and headlights pointed down. Just kept driving. LOL

The tan one I revved so much the carb float needle insert holders had unscrewed, drove home one night car would only start and run at full throttle, yeah I fixed it the next, had no clue what I was doing (should have drilled out the main jets, knowing what I know now)

In high school they made a song "Danny's three wheeled Chevette" I would turn so hard and neutral drop it mid turn.

Was replacing bald tires every 2 months when I would loose steering in the rain (then I knew the tire were dead)

and I was l known the "neutral drop king"
1. I would get in the car (in the parking spot)
2. Shift to Neutral and redline engine (by sound)
3. drop into reverse, squeal tires out of my spot,
4. While rolling backwards, back into neutral and redline again, slam into drive
5. squeal tires and pull away.

And I was into dirt bikes so I had found some bumper hangars, and modified them to hang on my chevette metal bumber, would throw an unmounted tire between the dirt bike and rear hatch (avoid scratches) and ancra ratchet strap to the wheel wells. then drive down the highway at
80mph with the front floating off the ground over bumps.

good times. LOL

Also the Blue one was always over heating so all summer I drove around with the windows open and heat on full, we kept ruining our shoues by melting the glue in our shoes.

I kinda miss those cars.
Wife hates these stories (she worried about the potential in our 9 year old.)
Need to find some pictures if they exist.

Last edited:

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
1955 Olds 4dr HT , blue and white, paid $65 for it

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We need to hear from
@Geoff Cooper
@rkim808
@Betik
@Amar Nanduri
I can't think of that russian that boats in turkey or one of our friends in the sand box
Those would be interesting to hear about
Aloha Gang,

Sorry haven’t been around in awhile, life’s been crazy as you all know. As for me my first car was a 79 Honda Accord Hatchback, that I bought for $100 from my good friends mom. It had a blown head gasket, vise grip window cranks, and a 1000 surf stickers for a headliner. My older cousin helped me fix it a ran it for a bit and then gave it to that cousin, when I got my first pickup truck. That’s my first ride story lol.🤙🏽

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
b58a78ba188e9728f751ee7c1f53aace.jpg
Not mine but the same except, I had that awesome long bed. 2.8 v6 with a 5 speed. Hand me down from my dad.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
1987-acura-legend-l-only-55k-rust-free-southern-california-miles-one-owner-clean-1 (1).jpg
1987 Acura Legend L 5 speed with 130K miles. Beat the piss out of this car and it kept coming back for more. Every couple of months I start looking for 1995 Legend Coupes with the 6 speed and Type II. Seem to always miss out on getting my hands on one though.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
1988 S10 Blazer with 250K miles! (not mine but pretty close, right down to the rust)
1617912410803.png

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1967 mustang purchased at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale back in 1998 before the auctions and values went totally crazy.

I put 100,000+ miles on it and still have it but it’s a work in process and I haven’t driven it in years.

1617925417385.jpeg

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1988 S10 Blazer with 250K miles! (not mine but pretty close, right down to the rust)
View attachment 146356
That was my 2nd, loved that thing and drove it everywhere (on and off road)! Mine was an '89, 2-door, 4x4, black with silver, running boards, banging stereo (2x10" subs, upgraded other speakers, head-unit, etc). :cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how I missed this thread the first time, being a car guy and all that's a pretty big fail on my part.

First car for me was a 1984 Ford Bronco II. Was blue with grey "center section" that had Fords failing gray paint, so the center section was mostly rust. Bought it from my uncle for $500 cash. He bought it from my grandparents a few years later, who had purchased it brand new in late 1983. It was, IMO, one of the first "micro SUV's" produced. Had a TINY turning radius, I could whip a circle without touching either white line. Super anemic V6 that made like 75hp I think. 3spd automatic transmission and selectable 4wd. Grandfather bought it to hunt out of, and to commute from a rural area into GE (~35mi one way). He hated missing work so he had air lockers installed in both front and rear differentials, and ran it with studded snow tires for 6mo out of the year. Thing would damn near climb a tree if you asked it to.

My dad thought it was the biggest waste of $500 he had ever seen. I bought it in October of '96, and Louisville had it's largest snowfall on record in Jan of '97. Guess who drove dad to work in over 2ft of snow. Didn't even shovel, just started it up, put it in gear and drove off. Wait.....I had to scoop out a little snow to get to the locking front hubs and engage them. So, technically I shoveled a little bit.

That thing was a tank. I loved it, and drove it for about 2years before finally selling it away to a family friend and buying a '94 Ford Ranger.

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First car I drove was an '82 Cutlass Supreme. V6 with bench seats. Looked just like this:

Screenshot_20210409-132130.png

First car I owned was a 1980 Camaro (hence my username). First of four Camaros I've owned over the years. Me and my car in 1992:

IMG_20210409_131546274.jpg

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1976 Cutlass Supreme. Not this one, but one just like it. I had to drop out of drivers ed so I could get my money back so I could purchase it from a neighbor. $700. Only difference was I had asked my dad for some cool rims and low profile tires for it, and he bought me white cragars and some super tall, thin tires.. looked hideous..

Lasted me a couple of years until my dad took it and I took over payments on his brand new 1989 Camaro RS. White with T-Tops. Mullet was blowin in the breeze..

1617990535986.png
1617990568349.png
1617990754255.png

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1976 Cutlass Supreme...Lasted me a couple of years until my dad took it and I took over payments on his brand new 1989 Camaro RS. White with T-Tops. Mullet was blowin in the breeze..
So, Cutlass to Camaro? Lookin' like a trend! :D