• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine hydrolocked help!!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think all Yamahas come from the factory with the same pump and configuration. That is, the battery switch must be on and the bilge pump switch must be on as well. Once these conditions are met the bilge pump checks for resistance against its impeller every few minutes. If it detects water the pump stays on other one it switches off immediately after it checks. I rewired my pump so it’s connect directly to the battery because I anticipate renting a slip during the season. This allows me to turn off the battery but still keep the pump powered. I should also be able to turn the pump on and leave it on manually now via the bilge pump switch, you need to upgrade your pump to get this added functionality. My upgraded pulp has a third lead.
On my 2020 210 FSH Sport, the factory bilge pump was wired directly to the house battery with its own fuse for the auto function. Once the house battery switch is turned on there is a manual bilge rocker switch on the panel. My oem bilge pump dose not cycle to test for water, it has an integral sensor whether that’s a float or a probe I don’t know, I’m inclined to think it’s an internal float.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I rented the boat our on the getmyboat platform. I will look into it and ask them.

As far as for the safely instructions. They were running a little late so i only did a brief overview and I don't think I specifically mentioned the bilge pump switch. Unfortunately I don't remember word for word. I know that at the end I confirmed he was familiar with the style of boat.

I figured I was at a loss because I didn't have something formal to go off.
So safety first unless there isn’t time?

Damn dude you laid your dick out there a country mile to get a Mexican hat dance done on it…consider yourself very lucky.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The renter did not have the bilge pump on and flooded the engine bay. Water was sucked in and hydrolocked the motor. Every so often the boat would take on water I'm assuming through the back hatch but nothing the pump wouldn't pump out.
These boats can take on a large amount of water before ingesting it. My guess is something else happened to let that much water in maybe they pulled the clean out port and put it back in incorrectly or it popped loose, scupper valve could be cracked . Every time I see water in the bilge I post this simple item that really should be mandatory in all boats, the water alarm. Any one reading this buy one its cheap insurance hang the sensor 2'' above the bilge pick up and zip tie the siren up high on the hoses it runs a 9v battery and comes with them. Mine were purchased in 2018 and the generec battery just went bad this year. If it starts ringing you will know there's any issue that the bilge pump can not handle. Water in the engine bay posts pop up numerous times every season this one lead to destruction of the motor its easily avoidable. Sorry to hear you had this issue

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These boats can take on a large amount of water before ingesting it. My guess is something else happened to let that much water in maybe they pulled the clean out port and put it back in incorrectly or it popped loose, scupper valve could be cracked . Every time I see water in the bilge I post this simple item that really should be mandatory in all boats, the water alarm. Any one reading this buy one its cheap insurance hang the sensor 2'' above the bilge pick up and zip tie the siren up high on the hoses it runs a 9v battery and comes with them. Mine were purchased in 2018 and the generec battery just went bad this year. If it starts ringing you will know there's any issue that the bilge pump can not handle. Water in the engine bay posts pop up numerous times every season this one lead to destruction of the motor its easily avoidable. Sorry to hear you had this issue

Can you wire the horn output to an ignition switch? high water and engine shuts off?!?!

Just a thought.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat has this and If I were to rent any boat to someone I would have the OE bilge pump, a direct wired auto bilge pump and high water alarm in the bilge to alert someone of water coming in