• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Filling Gas is slowwwwww

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hello all. I am excited about getting on the water soon, now that the weather is starting to improve in the North East.

I have had this issue for a while now and I am to the point where I need to figure out what the issue is. This would likely be covered under my warranty, but my dealer is a couple hours away and not the easiest drive. If this is something I can fix myself. I will gladly do so. Since purchasing the boat, I have done all maintenance myself which I enjoyed doing.

Since I can remember at least over the last year, when I fill up the fuel tank, the flow is so slow going into the boat causing the pump to keep clicking and I have to constantly restart after a few seconds etc. I cannot imagine how long it would take me to fill up 75 gallons. I never use all of it at one time but just putting 20 gallons takes forever, for example.

I purchased an inspector camera that hooks up to my iPhone and went as far down as I could and captured the attached picture. Does anybody know what the round piece is at the end? It looks like it is probably a filter or screen of some sort, and if it is, it probably has stuff it is blocking from going into the tank, hence the reason for the slow flow of fuel ...

Any advice would be absolutely amazing. If this is indeed a filter, do I dare ask how to get it out to clean :)

Thank you so much.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you check to make sure the vent is open and working properly

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That there is most likely your problem, its a 1 way check valve that at least on my FSH190 was improperly installed on a poor routing design of the fill hose. I performed lengthy stupid human tricks to loosen the 2 clamps that somehow were tightened or twisted after install. The check valve in your pic is supposed to fit in your tank fill by a couple of plastic flanges. My valve was about 30 degrees off and with the twist in the line it was only partially opened (always), resulting it the line filling with gas and tripping the pump continuously. I contoured the valve on mine to fit its deformed oval shape and I am back in business filling on 1 or 2 gas nozzle clicks. I didn't have the confidence that a new valve wouldn't do the same thing or I would have replaced it. But I am happy to say problem solved, confidence restored on refilling my tank. Good luck on your fix, others here have removed, replaced or modified.

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
That there is most likely your problem, its a 1 way check valve that at least on my FSH190 was improperly installed on a poor routing design of the fill hose. I performed lengthy stupid human tricks to loosen the 2 clamps that somehow were tightened or twisted after install. The check valve in your pic is supposed to fit in your tank fill by a couple of plastic flanges. My valve was about 30 degrees off and with the twist in the line it was only partially opened (always), resulting it the line filling with gas and tripping the pump continuously. I contoured the valve on mine to fit its deformed oval shape and I am back in business filling on 1 or 2 gas nozzle clicks. I didn't have the confidence that a new valve wouldn't do the same thing or I would have replaced it. But I am happy to say problem solved, confidence restored on refilling my tank. Good luck on your fix, others here have removed, replaced or modified.
Thank you so much for this! I will work on this today! Cheers.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That flapper valve is there for emissions reason, it is designed to keep the fuel fill hose full of gas so that all the vapors go out through the tank vent and through the carbon canister. What several people have found is that the carbon canister was full of gas or water, It can get full of fuel by overfilling the tank or topping off. Some people have also found that the vent filter screen that is under that Allen head bolt vent next to the fuel fill cap was obstructed by mud put there by mud dobber wasps, that would be the easiest and quickest check, just unscrew the bolt and look at the screen, if it’s clear check the carbon canister for fuel or water and unrestricted air flow. There was one member here who pulled his carbon canister and the carbon came out in chunks when he shook it, he replaced the canister and all was well.

Others like @Can0n11 have found the flapper valve crooked in the fuel line and didnt allow that valve to open fully.

Am I correct in assuming that this issue has developed over time and initially the fuel fill was much faster ?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length