• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Having trouble fueling your Yamaha? Me too!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was talking to my mechanic friend and he opined that this flapper is put in line to assure that all vapors from the gas tank go through the carbon canister where said vapors are retained by the carbon and are then returned to the tank as the fuel level drops and it draws air in through the carbon canister.

yamaha275sd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My 275sd 2022, does one gallon per min fueling, my first 5 fillings were perfect no problem then I started to go to different stations to see if that was the problem, but the problem persisted. I can see the check valve should be at leas double the size of the tube in order to keep the same flow of the pipe. I will try to see if there is an alternative or bigger check valve if not I’ll remove it too. But yes this is frustrating that after spending all this money we have to figure it out! And if you take it to the dealer they will eat you alive.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 275sd 2022, does one gallon per min fueling, my first 5 fillings were perfect no problem then I started to go to different stations to see if that was the problem, but the problem persisted. I can see the check valve should be at leas double the size of the tube in order to keep the same flow of the pipe. I will try to see if there is an alternative or bigger check valve if not I’ll remove it too. But yes this is frustrating that after spending all this money we have to figure it out! And if you take it to the dealer they will eat you alive.
Have you checked the vent line and carbon canister for free flow? Been several people who have found the carbon canister full of water.

yamaha275sd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thanks for the information it sounds like this can be the issue too. I will check it out!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that would be me. If you overfill your tank regularly (as I did), you can fill the charcoal canister with condensate or gas. Then none of the pressure can be relieved through that vent next to the fill port. Especially as temperature rises, pressure builds in the tank and forces the check valve closed. And then you can't fill (or you have to fill the entire pipe with fuel to get enough weight to force some of it down past the flap).

As a temporary measure I started carrying a fish stick (like a fish tape, only fiberglass) that I could quickly put together and push down the fill tube to push open the check valve to relieve the pressure. Then I could fill a bit, push the stick in again, repeat... until I figured it all out and replaced the canister. Problem now solved.

Franz collier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
thank for that information too, Im going to work on this tomorrow morning, question where is that carbon canister?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thank for that information too, Im going to work on this tomorrow morning, question where is that carbon canister?
Should be in the compartment closest to the fuel fill cap.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I finally fixed my check valve today in preparation for an island stay for a week on the St. Mary's river-vacation prep is when I get around to fixing things it seems :) . On the FSH 190 the tank header or fill is on the left rear corner of the gas tank and the only access is from the center hatch which is a PIA. It went a lot better than I thought it was going to go. The flapper valve was over 4 inches down the fuel fill line, but was able to get to it and get it out. That put it at the corner where the fuel line cuts through the Leaning post front wall, and twists up into the left cargo/battery hold area. It was cocked backwards in the area where the line goes up and to port. Looks like the natural bind on the 1.5" line deformed the cheap plastic part to where it restricted flow. I have not been able to fill at the pump using the lowest click on the pump and had to perform stupid human tricks of barely unseating the fuel pump nozzle to be able to fill the boat. I wont divulge my crude test methods but prior to my fix, introducing air into the fill line would would result in a 3-5 second delay (you can hear it) as the air made its way through the vent system. Now the restriction is minimal, probably more in line with designed venting.

Thanks for the pics and the inspiration!