• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Titanic claims more people

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Physics at school.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wreckage brought ashore..

Last edited:

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Wreckage brought ashore...skip the ad.

Other than the obvious that we all know of right now, it will be interesting to hear the final technical details. I’m sure this will take some time.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other than the obvious that we all know of right now, it will be interesting to hear the final technical details. I’m sure this will take some time.
A couple dumbassess used experimental and unproven tech to travel to one of the most extreme environments humans can go.....and it failed. Pretty much case closed.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
A couple dumbassess used experimental and unproven tech to travel to one of the most extreme environments humans can go.....and it failed. Pretty much case closed.
Are you saying this is a “case” of Natural Selection lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out this story:

Briefly stated, when 5 rich people go missing at sea millions of dollars and international help were pledged towards immediate rescue and now recovery efforts. When a boat with 750 immigrants capsizes, little or no effort is expended to rescue them. Just another reminder, remedial lesson that life is not fair.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Check out this story:

Briefly stated, when 5 rich people go missing at sea millions of dollars and international help were pledged towards immediate rescue and now recovery efforts. When a boat with 750 immigrants capsizes, little or no effort is expended to rescue them. Just another reminder, remedial lesson that life is not fair.
Saw that pop up this morning… sad…

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perhaps there's a difference in rescue efforts when a bunch of people are missing in the near-shore waters of a country with competent and abundant search and rescue services available, and a vessel at the bottom of the ocean where specialized equipment and efforts are needed and there was a chance they'd still be alive.

Or, should the research vessels and submersibles dispatched to the Titanic been sent to Greece instead (and if so, to do what)?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perhaps there's a difference in rescue efforts when a bunch of people are missing in the near-shore waters of a country with competent and abundant search and rescue services available, and a vessel at the bottom of the ocean where specialized equipment and efforts are needed and there was a chance they'd still be alive.

Or, should the research vessels and submersibles dispatched to the Titanic been sent to Greece instead (and if so, to do what)?
At the time I read the article yesterday morning 500 of the 750 onboard were still missing, well over a week after their boat capsized. Regardless of where the help was needed or available it was only provided to th small group of wealthy and now I note primarily Caucasian people, by analogy the one percenters.

As for what could the rescuers do if they went to to the scene, Pulling people dead or alive out of the water seems like a good start. Maybe if they all signed waivers accepting the risk and that they may/will not be rescued I wouldn’t feel bad for them but I doubt it. I still feel bad for the Titan crew/guests, they signed releases yet still got the benefit of logistically and technically complex rescue and recovery efforts. If they had to pay for the efforts even if unsuccessful might feel better about it. That is you get what you pay for but again I doubt it.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check out this story:

Tell me you read twitter memes without telling me you read twitter memes...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check out this story:

At the time I read the article yesterday morning 500 of the 750 onboard were still missing. Regardless of where the help was needed or available it was only provided to wealthy and now I note primarily Caucasian group of people. As for what could the rescuers do if they went to to the seen, Pulling people dead or alive out of the water seems like a good start.
Thats an interesting take on the matter Ronnie.

1688046214182.gif

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn’t read any twitter memes.
Then you read the meme on some platform, because that's been the calling card of the colored hair, fish faced, perpetually offended children and their gods for the last two weeks...

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At the time I read the article yesterday morning 500 of the 750 onboard were still missing, well over a week after their boat capsized. Regardless of where the help was needed or available it was only provided to th small group of wealthy and now I note primarily Caucasian people, by analogy the one percenters.

As for what could the rescuers do if they went to to the scene, Pulling people dead or alive out of the water seems like a good start. Maybe if they all signed waivers accepting the risk and that they may/will not be rescued I wouldn’t feel bad for them but I doubt it. I still feel bad for the Titan crew/guests, they signed releases yet still got the benefit of logistically and technically complex rescue and recovery efforts. If they had to pay for the efforts even if unsuccessful might feel better about it. That is you get what you pay for but again I doubt it.
The point I'm making, is that these aren't the same resources. All the people with boats and planes around that area could have gone to help, and didn't (they didn't go help the sub search, either). We're not sending the coast guard from Maine to Greece. Were there extensive efforts made for Ocean Gate? Yeah, but it came from a small community with highly specialized equipment that could only be used for that task. No resource was spent on Oceangate that would, or even could, have been used for the migrants.

Honestly, - who cares about the bill? I know you don't actually care, you're just using it to make a point. Same reason why you wouldn't care about the coast guard bill if you had to hit your EPIRB on the way to bimini. The *only* people to be mad at for the loss of migrants (besides whoever overcrowded the boat and sent them), are the governments of the waters where the boat was lost. There is no need to bemoan the efforts at the Titanic because Greece (who may have contributed to the capsizing in the first place) didn't pull all the stops for the rescue.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This article from Associated Press paints a different picture of the incident. It clearly shows the Greek Coast Guard and the government were actively trying to support the occupants of the ship, who, rebuffed any assistance other than food and water, and were on the scene helping right away when the ship capsized. From the searches I’ve done it appears the Greeks are Caucasian.

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was a little pissed too cause of the dollar spent on the recovery etc (knowing they already gone). But if you think about it, they probably does this as an exercise (live training) so if a Navy sub happens to have problem, they can somehow learn from this search/recovery effort. They dont get this call often so its an opportunity to test capabilities.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This thread is getting fun now...