• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A dealer posted at least 3 boats available on the Yamahajetboaters facebook group. I think they are in Michigan.
Link to page?

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems like the feature "downgrade" from a 212S to an AR250 is not so much compared to going from a 252SE/SD to an AR250.

From what I can tell, the major features you'd be missing going from 212S to AR250 would be some Marine Mat and a speaker upgrade. The upholstery on the AR250 is nice, and the flooring can be replaced easily from Jet Boat Pilot. The 25' boats also have the benefit of a huge port side head/storage area with a person-sized door, which I didn't think was a big deal until I started filling the boat with life jackets, towels, backpacks, etc.
In our pondering between the two choices they laid out, what you're saying about the feature comparison came up. We arrived at the same conclusion, we can add the flooring if and when we choose, and speakers after a season or two's use would be up for replacement anyway. Both being somewhat wearable items made that issue, not that much of an issue.

We've literally been back and fourth on it though. They gave us till this morning to pick one and it was up in the air until the very last minute. Though, we did finalize it with the AR250. At the end of the day, I do think it's going to be a better fit for what we're looking for out of a boat.

How do you like yours? Anything we should look out for performance, maintenance wise? The one coming out way is the Sea Glass color and we're looking to take the graphics off of the sides for a bit more of a cleaner look.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My friend’s 2022 255XD was delivered to the dealer yesterday..

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have to be member of the group but I believe it's Wonderland Marine West
Cool. Yes I bought my boat from Ryan and Wonderland Marine West. I do recommend them.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In our pondering between the two choices they laid out, what you're saying about the feature comparison came up. We arrived at the same conclusion, we can add the flooring if and when we choose, and speakers after a season or two's use would be up for replacement anyway. Both being somewhat wearable items made that issue, not that much of an issue.

We've literally been back and fourth on it though. They gave us till this morning to pick one and it was up in the air until the very last minute. Though, we did finalize it with the AR250. At the end of the day, I do think it's going to be a better fit for what we're looking for out of a boat.

How do you like yours? Anything we should look out for performance, maintenance wise? The one coming out way is the Sea Glass color and we're looking to take the graphics off of the sides for a bit more of a cleaner look.
You made the right choice. You will enjoy the 25' alot!

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer called this afternoon saying our AR195 would be ready to pick up tomorrow morning.
Going to be a long night, may sleep in his parking lot!

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You made the right choice. You will enjoy the 25' alot!
I think so. Hell, I hope so. LoL That's a lot more boat than we were expecting. However, at the end of the day, that's a good thing. Not often do you hear; we should have gone with the smaller boat.

We started this process out back in October of 2021 looking to get the exact 195S they were offering along side the AR250 and decided that it was going to be smaller than what would fit our needs. We then moved up to the 212S. A bigger boat, same cool "S" features and a few more features that came along with the jump in size. Didn't look at the 25 footers past seeing that the 252S was well out of our range, and did not investigate just exactly what the difference was between the 212S and the AR250. Like @DogDadDave pointed out, it's only a hand full of wearable and very replaceable items and that's pretty much offset with the cool things that come along with the size jump to a bigger boat.

The funny ironic aspect of this... back at the start of all of this, when we chose the 212S over the 195S we were racking our brain for a fun unique name for the boat. After joking around about getting a bigger boat, we decided to name her A Bigger Boat. I guess now, it fits even more.

I do have to say my wife really surprised me in all of this. She works in the finance/banking industry and is the more responsible one when it come to spending money. But, in this dilemma, she wanted the bigger one without hesitation.

So, here's to A Bigger Boat! 🍾

:)

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We like ours a lot. Originally we went to the dealership to put a deposit down on a 21ft boat, but after seeing an AR250 we knew the size would work better for us, and my father in law appreciates the easy boarding afforded by the rear seat walk through with his recent hip replacement.

Overall it's performed very well for us. With 4 adults, a child, a full tank of gas, bimini up, a big cooler, and a ski locker and head compartment packed with stuff we did 45mph no problem in somewhat choppy water on Brookville Lake in Indiana today.

I bought an oil extractor and grease gun and have done the 10hr service and other small maintenance items myself so far. Lots of room to work around the motors and the maintenance is simple.

What I will say is look the boat over and make sure trim pieces, anchor locker drain, etc are installed properly and tightly. It seems all the Yamaha boats are having issues with final assembly quality control right now.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I meant link to the Yamahajetboaters facebook group.
Sorry about that, Googled the dealer and ran with that. I only Facebook on my phone and hit JB.net on the computer.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We like ours a lot. Originally we went to the dealership to put a deposit down on a 21ft boat, but after seeing an AR250 we knew the size would work better for us, and my father in law appreciates the easy boarding afforded by the rear seat walk through with his recent hip replacement.

Overall it's performed very well for us. With 4 adults, a child, a full tank of gas, bimini up, a big cooler, and a ski locker and head compartment packed with stuff we did 45mph no problem in somewhat choppy water on Brookville Lake in Indiana today.

I bought an oil extractor and grease gun and have done the 10hr service and other small maintenance items myself so far. Lots of room to work around the motors and the maintenance is simple.

What I will say is look the boat over and make sure trim pieces, anchor locker drain, etc are installed properly and tightly. It seems all the Yamaha boats are having issues with final assembly quality control right now.
Thanks for the heads up on the trim issues. It'll be fun to see how well I can balance the excitement of a new boat with the focus needed to check it out fully. Good to hear you're hitting 45mph at about the same elevation we'll be at down here in Georgia. The more robust performance of the 212S was one of my biggest sore points in making the move. I had it in my mind that I wanted a boat that would top out at 50 or a touch above. I think 45 will be plenty fast enough though. The loss of 5-7mph will be more than made up for in comfort and space.

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My dealer called this afternoon saying our AR195 would be ready to pick up tomorrow morning.
Going to be a long night, may sleep in his parking lot!
congrats!! When did you order? What was your final invoice if you don’t mind me asking.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry about that, Googled the dealer and ran with that. I only Facebook on my phone and hit JB.net on the computer.
I was only saying that a link to the posts wouldn't be visible if you weren't a member of that group. I figured folks could find the dealer without going to the posts on facebook.

bufaton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I placed my order for an AR250 back in January - got the cancellation call today. Dealer said Yamaha reached out and said they wouldn't be fulfilling the remainder of their 2022 allotment. Good news is I will be first in line for any 25ft boat for the 2023 season. Fingers crossed interest rates and prices don't spike too much! Good luck to everyone else!

zacseale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, finally received our AR190 last Thursday! Ordered in March of '21... so quite the wait. Dealer did say that Yamaha cancelled the last 6 boats that were pre-ordered, so feel really bad for those people! that's where we were last year. Our dealer said to expect about a 8-10% price increase in the models for next year, not sure on the financing rates. We downgraded from a 195s to an AR190 due to price increases from 21 to 22. Boat has been great so far though, really glad we got it with a little summer left to enjoy! Wishing the others waiting all the best!!

Attachments

Caudio18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We had placed an order in November 2021 with our local Yamaha dealer for green 255xd, last week we seen the boat available at 2 different dealers in Michigan and North Carolina, our dealer at this point say go buy it here's your money back, called and picked it up the next day and on the water for the weekend. I haven't asked if ours got canceled yet but if not they may have one coming still.

bkvargyas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Placed order for a 252SD back in Aug of 2021. Was on Yamaha's "confirmed to build" list for this Spring. Just got the call from the dealer that Yamaha will not be delivering any more boats, and I'd be first in line for 2023 model year now. What a huge disappointment. Paid for a slip this year that didn't get any use. This is in the Great Lakes area. A dealer down in Florida is now recommending I go with a Regal LX4, since I plan to use it on the great lakes and southwest Florida. Not sure if I should dump my plans for a 252SD and go another direction now..... Since obviously I'm going to pay 8-10% more for the same thing I ordered a year ago...

Oh, and to add insult, I'm still looking at the brand new Thrust Vectors I had ordered under the membership deal from JetBoatPilot for it..... I may have a new set to sell real cheap if Yamaha decides to do a massive price increase...

Last edited:

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Placed order for a 252SD back in Aug of 2021. Was on Yamaha's "confirmed to build" list for this Spring. Just got the call from the dealer that Yamaha will not be delivering any more boats, and I'd be first in line for 2023 model year now. What a huge disappointment. Paid for a slip this year that didn't get any use. This is in the Great Lakes area. A dealer down in Florida is now recommending I go with a Regal LX4, since I plan to use it on the great lakes and southeast Florida. Not sure if I should dump my plans for a 252SD and go another direction now..... Since obviously I'm going to pay 8-10% more for the same thing I ordered a year ago...
Bummer! That sucks waiting a year and then having it cancelled and then paying more on top of that!

That's what I was afraid of and why I just made a crazy move myself based on what I learned last week......

I got this scoop last Wednesday from a Yamaha dealer that I called looking for a 2022 275SD. Yamaha sent an e-mail out to all dealers Wednesday morning telling them whatever boats they had on their lots were the only ones they were getting. There would be no more 2022 being shipped this year.

He said the email also said new pricing is still be determined and could be 10 - 15% higher for '23's. They also don't know how many '23's will be built and allocated. The dealer I was talking to told me they had to tear up $600K in orders.

I was not planning to get a new boat for another year or so. I just got on the waitlist for a slip at the marina where I live in southwest Florida back in April. They told me it would be a year but they called me a week ago saying they had a slip. I decided to take it and not chance having to wait longer than a year for another slip to come open.

We decided to start looking for boats and the 275SD was on our radar for the last 6 months. Trying to find one was next to impossible. I called the local dealer in Cape Coral, FL and he wouldn't even take my money for a downpayment on a '23 because things are so bad.... and this was before Yamaha sent the email out their dealers. He said pricing was a big unknown as well as how many '23's would be available. He said would get back to me after calling his Yamaha rep to see if he could take a deposit from me since I told him a 3 - 6 month wait was fine..... he never called me back.

That's when I started calling dealers in the northeast since I am up in PA right now. I found one 275SD in NY but the sales guy said someone was coming in that day to put a deposit down on it. He did me a solid and called a Yamaha Rep he knows well to see if there was anything in the southeast. The Yamaha Rep told him forget it.

I gave the sales guy my name and number and told him to call me if his 275SD deal went south..... about 5 hours later I got his call that the deal fell apart.... and I put down a deposit over the phone.

Not the ideal situation by any means but after hearing about the e-mail I decided I better take it or it could be 9 - 18 months to get a boat. Now I have an 8-hour round trip to pick it up from PA to NY next week..... and then an 18-hour haul to southeast Florida in late October when I head back down to my home in FL. And I'm going to roll the dice and not get permits with the 9' beam.

I was on the fence about the 275SD given I'll be docking in brackish water and using it in the gulf but I'm having a lift installed in the dock and the flush out is fairly easy. I loved my SX192 when I had it and a lot of guys have posted running smaller Yamaha jets in salt water and the ocean so I feel better about my choice.... especially since the Gulf is a little calmer than the Atlantic.

I thought buying cars was crazy this year but the boat industry is even crazier.

Last edited: