• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Sound Proofing

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
any suggestions on the best product to use for engine compartment sound proofing? Thank you!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Of all the post that I have seen regarding this topic, the biggest impact I recall reading, was posted by @Riveramx

Not only did he address the engine box, but he removed the clean out port panel and used sound deading material on that entire bilge compartment, as well as wrapping the water boxes.

Here is a video he shared.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Dixemon may want to comment here as well?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the FSH the access to the walls and sides in the aft bilge would be hard to get to. I really like @Riveramx tenacity and going full bore on the sound proofing! It appears to have yielded great results !

Riveramx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Amazon search:
Siless 80 mil (2mm) 36 sqft Car Sound Deadening mat - Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener - Noise Insulation and Vibration Dampening Material (36 sqft)

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wish I had done some before decibel testing.
Definitely an improvement.
I'd definitely do it again. I think I may order a some of the egg crate foam and jam into the fuel tank acces area.
I guess a person could acces it all by removing the bulkhead in the console, but I wouldn't want to mess with my battery charger, and heading sensor that I got mounted there

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wish I had done some before decibel testing.
Definitely an improvement.
I'd definitely do it again. I think I may order a some of the egg crate foam and jam into the fuel tank acces area.
I guess a person could acces it all by removing the bulkhead in the console, but I wouldn't want to mess with my battery charger, and heading sensor that I got mounted there
Fwiw, you can download a DB meter people onto your phone. On that note, if you did that perhaps you could give us some DB readings.

I did that as part of my plan impeller testing and found that the skat trak impellers dropped the DB reading by 3.

This is the one I got for my iPhone. That reading was taken just now as I sit in a restaurant.

IMG_3305.png

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fwiw, you can download a DB meter people onto your phone. On that note, if you did that perhaps you could give us some DB readings.

I did that as part of my plan impeller testing and found that the skat trak impellers dropped the DB reading by 3.

This is the one I got for my iPhone. That reading was taken just now as I sit in a restaurant.

View attachment 197168
I will definitely do that.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I forgot to get a wot reading. I did get one at idle. It was around 85. The 95 was my Son asking me what I was doing..

View attachment 197168
Tn

Attachments