• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GM Engine Starting Issue

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Car Dealers are scumbags.
I had Honda Ridgeline with 65k miles on it, worked like a charm.
Showed up at the dealer to change oil and do tire rotation. Pure laziness for $56.88 and being cold outside.
Advisor shows up with an offer to pay them $750 - to clean injectors, replace Dif oil, replace transmission oil.
On my question why? they start BS that it is really good for the car.
On injectors - I say there is no hesitation, no jerking, truck performs flawlessly.
Refused everything, just do oil change and tire rotation. here is your $56.88.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 8.53.52 AM.png
Guess what, I drive to store after, do some shopping and after that my dashboard glows like Christmas tree and I can't start the car. Eventually, I did and in a limp mode drove to another dealer. I needed all new injectors! Was covered by Honda since they gave me 100k bumper to bumper warranty with 0 deductables for other issues I had in the beginning.

I am 100% sure those f@ckers put one or 2 bad injectors in just to screw me over. There is no freaking way perfectly fine truck would immediately start having issues with injectors after oil change and dealer offering to clean them!

Since then I go to dealer only when I can't fix it and get 100k warranty or Geico Mechanical breakdown insurance. Totally worth the money. Just one visit like that completely covers the cost.

Press hard dealer and GM. Leave dealer Google review detailing your ordeal and GM/dealer playing games with you. I guarantee you get accommodating call from dealer willing to help you out.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most manufacturers have a "Customer satisfaction" warranty coverage when it's just past the warranty period. You'll need to call corporate yourself and start asking questions and be sure to drop your past allegiance to their brand and how this may alter your future purchases. Good luck.

sgust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, first post on the site but figured this would be a good first message. I'm a transmission tech for a local GM dealer and I can assure you, you can get GM assistance with the repair. Happens to me all the time. If you're only 800 miles or so past your bumper to bumper, GM will most likely cover a huge portion of the bill, I've seen up to 90% in the past. Request GM assistance for the repair from the service advisor and get the service manager involved. If that doesn't work, call the customer assistance line like stated above. Good luck! :D

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi, first post on the site but figured this would be a good first message. I'm a transmission tech for a local GM dealer and I can assure you, you can get GM assistance with the repair. Happens to me all the time. If you're only 800 miles or so past your bumper to bumper, GM will most likely cover a huge portion of the bill, I've seen up to 90% in the past. Request GM assistance for the repair from the service advisor and get the service manager involved. If that doesn't work, call the customer assistance line like stated above. Good luck! :D
Usually, the dealer does this in the background and then looks like a hero to the customer. Odd they did not do that here but we are talking about @Thermobrett -- I think he is really mean to people ;P

sgust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also just looked at the warranty coverage on the fuel pump control module. For the 5.3 its covered under the 3 yr./50,000 mile Emission warranty. So you should most definitely be getting that under warranty. Not sure why they're trying to cover it under the B2B.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Usually, the dealer does this in the background and then looks like a hero to the customer. Odd they did not do that here but we are talking about @Thermobrett -- I think he is really mean to people ;P
Haha, my wife always calls me an asshole. I say I would rather be an asshole than a whole ass 😉.
In all seriousness, I will always give people the benefit of the doubt. But the dealer is standing firm that GM told them they will not cover this. Then I talk to GM, and they say we are still waiting for the dealer to get back to us. Classic he said/she said scenario. I just want her truck back so I don’t have to adjust my mirrors and have her shit music on my radio when I get in my car 🤣
The dealer did call a few minutes ago and said the truck is ready, pay your $464 and come get it.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Also just looked at the warranty coverage on the fuel pump control module. For the 5.3 its covered under the 3 yr./50,000 mile Emission warranty. So you should most definitely be getting that under warranty. Not sure why they're trying to cover it under the B2B.
Based off of your recommendation, this is what I see online.
IMG_5060.jpegIMG_5061.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Or GM is giving you the run around…get them both on the phone at the same time in the service managers office, that’ll put the cat in the with pigeons.

On my last Ford truck, 2014, I had bought a Ford extended bumper to bumper warranty, something I usually do, up to 125,000 miles. At 126,000 I had some issues that resulted in about $8000 in repairs. I talked with Ford and they kicked down roughly $2500 to help since it was so close to being out of warranty. On my 2005 6.0 I had bought a Ford extended 200,000 mile warranty on the engine for $2400 bucks, that extended warranty covered probably $12,000 in repairs.

The 2014 saga continued. I had those repairs done at Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs Colorado, avoid this place like the plague. Within a month the injector pass through seals started leaking one by one. At one point the dealer where I was having this repaired work repaired had three injectors that were seized in the head. When I called Phil along they said I’d have to bring it back to them…. I was like, what? You both are ford dealers? So in the end I just put the mouth on them.

Point is, all cars and trucks have issues at some point.

And like the story about the fuel injectors on the Honda above just goes to show that most people SUCK!

That is why I always buy insurance in the form of the manufacturers extended warranty, always.

I am sorry you are having these dramas, go pay the bill and then take it up with GM and the dealer. Ask the service writer or whoever to show you in writing that GM is denying the claim, there has to be a paper trail for that. If they won’t produce the paper trail, then be done with them and go to GM and tell them. If there is no resolution chalk it up to experience and be happy with your repaired car… there are many things in life that are far worse than a $500 repair bill. Just don’t do business with that dealer again, put the mouth on them via a bad google review with all the details. Does this dealer use a google based review? If so then there is your door to let your experience be known.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Dealer came back with the 3yr/50k mile warranty is only for California emissions and the factory emissions warranty is 2yr/24k mile.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Dealer came back with the 3yr/50k mile warranty is only for California emissions and the factory emissions warranty is 2yr/24k mile.
I guess I need clarification on the 8yr/80k mile emissions warranty and what exact components are covered.
IMG_5065.jpegIMG_5064.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Frame rail fuel filters can cause all kinds of drama when they get plugged up with the crappy fuel we get.
I haven't seen a serviceable fuel filter on a gas vehicle in 15 years or so. And i work on lots of vehicles. Manufacturers figured they weren't necessary anymore with the high pressure fuel systems

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Update, GM warranty called back with some good news. They are refunding me $417.20 of the $463 I payed to have the truck fixed. Then she said for the inconvenience, they will be sending me some GM reward points, whatever those are. Faith in humanity is restored… for now 😉