• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is there a side scan transducer

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I have a 2022 yamaha 255 fsh. I know it has downscan that is through hull. Is there a down and sidescan that can replace just the through hull downscan one?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Side scan doesn't work with thru hull. you will have to mount to the ride plate or transom. Get a Simrad or Lowrance
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjwn5-s38X-AhVTLLMAHccxDBoYABASGgJ5bQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESauD2kG4T71E73JTq7C1exW_PyrJu3-Ywz8QteLcoMeoxZ6N0r7vMRIQhzNsn-x3pnTjHXCfe1kGGa1jZfLH2tQFNAnylLVMc-yqdiBEzFOQEZF7lzjQfs9PhWRc7VlsSaUq9UBXD6y6rms4&sig=AOD64_30ZoXs51suBaBq93QbZMdfaKc_eA&q&adurl&ved=2ahUKEwjijpas38X-AhVFfTABHY4DC2wQ0Qx6BAgEEAE
3in1 Transducer. Im not sure if the head unit works with dual inputs, if not just disconnect the factory installed on and connect the new one. You will also need to switch the type in the settings.

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Ok. That's good to know. Is there a way to keep the front downscan and add the new transducer on the transom for the sidescan and have both be running on the one simrad? I do like keeping the downscan on the bow area

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It looks like the Go12 does not support dual transducers. The NSS Evo3 or 3S series does however.

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Ah man. I could have sworn I saw someone with the Dual. I could be absolutely wrong

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My go9 doesnt have dual ports for the transducer, Go12 is basically the excact same, just larger screen.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I know nothing more than a search I just did for the Simrad GO 12, but I found the link below. It appears that if you use their three in one transom mounted transducer the GO 12 will do side scan. Again, first time I’ve ever really looked into the Simrad unit.

My suggestion would be to get the serial number off of your unit and contact their customer support and see what the unit you have is capable of. Do you even see a screen in your unit for side scan?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My Go9 came with the side scan, It will defiantly work on your Go12 unless Yamaha removed functionality but Im pretty sure I saw somewhere someone already added the 3 in 1 instead without an issue. Side scan works great but I dont use as much as Downscan. Yamaha just puts in the down scan only because they can do thruhull without haveing to deal with warranty issues for broken transducer on the transom.