• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member, looking to be a first time jet boat owner.

Sam1212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey all! Thanks for having me. Currently running a 19ft I/O Stingray on the Mississippi in Minnesota. Looking to get into a Yamaha jet boat. Ideally I’d like to get into a bigger boat depending on price. But looking into all options. Maybe 212 or 220 ?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you. Lots of great reading!

Any specific questions for the group?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all! Thanks for having me. Currently running a 19ft I/O Stingray on the Mississippi in Minnesota. Looking to get into a Yamaha jet boat. Ideally I’d like to get into a bigger boat depending on price. But looking into all options. Maybe 212 or 220 ?
These guys have a few boats in stock. I dealt with Kyle Price at the Red Wing store and was happy with the purchase experience.

What are you going to use the boat for?
Where are you to use the boat ? Mississippi only?
How many people will be on the boat?

Last edited:

Sam1212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These guys have a few boats in stock. I dealt with Kyle Price at the Red Wing store and was happy with the purchase experience.

What are you going to use the boat for?
Where are you to use the boat ? Mississippi only?
How many people will be on the boat?
Thanks! Yes River Valley is most likely who I’ll deal with. Visited the Rochester store this past month. Mississippi will be the main place. Mostly 2 right now but do entertain others on the boat up to 7-8.

Sam1212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you. Lots of great reading!

Any specific questions for the group?
One big question is has anyone left there boat in the Mississippi River in a slip and had issues with growth on the drive? The lower unit would accumulate growth if not used often on my old boat.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One big question is has anyone left there boat in the Mississippi River in a slip and had issues with growth on the drive? The lower unit would accumulate growth if not used often on my old boat.
For most of us not using anti fouling bottom paint, we haul out on a trailer and wash her bottom and other parts once or twice during her 5 months in a slip. Another way is to pull up to a beach, about waist deep, put on swim fins and a mask and snorkel, hold your breath and get under her with a brush. I know...just trying to keep it clean.

20181012_083129.jpg

20181011_093041.jpg

20181011_093302.jpg

20181012_103415.jpg

Last edited: