• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OK, who was this?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
At least they put the fenders out….

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
1695808153948.png

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably how it would look if I loaded (the wife is the loader I am the truck backer upper) 😁.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Incredible…. I guess that boat had a good hole shot!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
The other thing that is strange after seeing this last picture is that the truck and trailer is all the way to the left...... along with the boat fenders being on the left in the picture. Almost like they were going to load the boat without the engines and pull it to the trailer with the dock lines.

If you were loading under power you would have the truck and trailer in the middle of the ramp to have a little maneuvering room on each side.

One thing is certain..... that's going to leave a mark.... or two!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like the wrong trailer for the boat...

That was my initial thought as well. Almost looks like somebody hammered their throttles by mistake and the boat took off towards land. I dont think the boat has the thrust needed to get to where its at in the pic without a good running start.

Good observation on the trailer, What do they do next to not cause more damage ? Disconnect the trailer pull the truck away or have another boat pull the boat back ? the trailer would most likely roll back into deeper water if not tied off

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
In any event, Dad’s going to be pissed when he finds out the kids took the boat out without him knowing lol :eek:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good observation on the trailer, What do they do next to not cause more damage ? Disconnect the trailer pull the truck away or have another boat pull the boat back ? the trailer would most likely roll back into deeper water if not tied off
Tie off trailer so it can go into the water 10-15' and then use a water tow boat to drag the Yami back into the water. Probably need a tow truck to winch out the trailer. Could use a tow truck with a snatch block hung off of the end pier and winch the Yami back into the water that way. Many ways to skin the cat here.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The other thing that is strange after seeing this last picture is that the truck and trailer is all the way to the left...... along with the boat fenders being on the left in the picture. Almost like they were going to load the boat without the engines and pull it to the trailer with the dock lines.

If you were loading under power you would have the truck and trailer in the middle of the ramp to have a little maneuvering room on each side.

One thing is certain..... that's going to leave a mark.... or two!

Here is my take on this as there are some telltale signs in your observation.

Newer boater (pretty new boat model) comes into the landing thinking their partner backed in and the trailer is ready. Gets close and realizes it's not their truck and trailer, panics and hits the gas in forward, instead of reverse. Hammers the left guide post of the trailer hard enough to shift it to the right and winds up on the concrete landing next to the truck.

Go back to the first photo an notice the left guide post was impacted hard. Hard enough to bend it over and shove the trailer to the right. We all know that is not the proper trailer for that new of a boat, nor enough truck (debatable). My guess is the captain realized that at the last second as well, and hit the wrong direction on the throttles.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Here is my take on this as there are some telltale signs in your observation.

Newer boater (pretty new boat model) comes into the landing thinking their partner backed in and the trailer is ready. Gets close and realizes it's not their truck and trailer, panics and hits the gas in forward, instead of reverse. Hammers the left guide post of the trailer hard enough to shift it to the right and winds up on the concrete landing next to the truck.

Go back to the first photo an notice the left guide post was impacted hard. Hard enough to bend it over and shove the trailer to the right. We all know that is not the proper trailer for that new of a boat, nor enough truck (debatable). My guess is the captain realized that at the last second as well, and hit the wrong direction on the throttles.

That is a reasonable deduction given the evidence.........

Perhaps one other possibility. Looks like a fairly busy area. Perhaps the captain tried to avoid a "situation" around the ramps and he gunned it hard and then lost control to the point he ended up going into the ramp with not enough real estate to slow down and get under control.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That sure does look like a nice boat ramp does anyone know that ramp ? I wish long island had ramps like that most are terrible on the east end. This was September 2020 at ramps that I launch at one day apart two vehicles destroyed. The following weekend I went to a ramp at low tide further out east, for some reason they made it smooth my dodge Durango started sliding down the ramp as I was hooking the tow strap to the eye, luckily it was running but the parking break did need to be released.

Late model jeep with jet skis

20200906_161907.jpg

20200906_161526.jpg

Late model Tahoe with boat trailer this one was bizarre pulling up and no one around, some drinking involved for sure, They left the scene to get somebody that was straight

20200907_181544.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If we're writing theories, mine's a simple one:

New boater came in crooked and a bit too hot, both hands on the throttle, hit the guide post hard enough to create forward momentum with his body, and in turn, his hands, which then punched the boat right up the ramp.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cambo

I’m pretty sure it is this ramp
2455 Boat Ramp Dr, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

It is on the ICW, and its a no wake area. I launched from this ramp once, and while its a nice ramp, and really close to the inlet the facility is just too busy on the weekend. There is something like 60 parking spots and only two lanes.

IMG_0681.jpeg
Ponce Inlet, Ramp is marked with the red circle
IMG_0682.jpeg

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw a similar situation last weekend.

The trailer is submerged too much to power on to the trailer and he missed the prow roller.

The Chap I saw with his trailer in the water used his winch strap to haul in his boat (boat still floating) but secured on the roller and when he pulled out the trailer it was sitting cockeyed on the trailer. Took him several try’s to figure it out. I would have helped but I was two boats behind waiting to come in… and just like there is no crying in baseball, in my book there is no yelling at someone for doing something stupid,(unless someone will get hurt) even repeatably because we all have been there and been that guy-plus yelling at someone just makes things worse and turns you into the village idiot!

I always have the tips of my long main bunks sticking out of the water so the bunks can guide the boat to the roller when you power the boat on.

Last edited: