• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repower 2004 AR210 with MR-1 HO's

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the port engine has been running a little rough in the cooler weather on initial startup... and the RPM's are 200 RPMs low at idle... runs fine when warmed up and pulls 10,200 WFO...

so i plugged in YDS and warmed up the engines and ran through the diags... no codes saved, all the hours are between 6000-8000 RPM's and port engine drop cylinder test on #1 cylinder barely drops the RPM so that is the suspect...

68 hours on both engines since new... they seem happy... I was gonna swap the plugs at 100 HR's any way
So you think it’s a plug?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The idle may be settling a little low. No harm in turning the screw for a higher idle.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you think it’s a plug?
absolutely its not the first time... maybe 2-3 plugs and one coil when i was breaking in the engines.. I'll just throw a fresh set in that engine in the morning...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ran Perfect till 76 hours Starboard engine quit at 7800 cruise... did not overheat, running 138 degrees and 64 lbs of oil pressure, ecu checks out no ugly in the data logger.. just stopped like i sucked up something but no noise. engine locked up in forward. rotates in reverse... locks up in again in forward...

I let it set a couple days cause I was disgusted... Called SBT as im 10 months out of warranty and they have 160 HO's in stock. havent pushed it till i pull the dead one one and see what the carnage is... i expect something in either end accessory drive or a broken cam chain... no holes in the cases and no clunking in the rods, crank's not broke.... pulling the plugs and bore scopeing today

Prepped and cleaned my 15' Sea-Doo Sportster 155 4-tec and will drop that in the water today so im not without a boat...

Called up Munson boats and I have a quote coming on a 24' cat hull center console landing craft 1/4 inch plate aluminum hull sides and bottom with another 1/4 thick keel guard beaching plates with a pair of F200 yamaha outboards on jack plates

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bummer and yay? The Munson will be awesome!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it aint about money its the time i cant make more of....

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ran Perfect till 76 hours Starboard engine quit at 7800 cruise... did not overheat, running 138 degrees and 64 lbs of oil pressure, ecu checks out no ugly in the data logger.. just stopped like i sucked up something but no noise. engine locked up in forward. rotates in reverse... locks up in again in forward...

I let it set a couple days cause I was disgusted... Called SBT as im 10 months out of warranty and they have 160 HO's in stock. havent pushed it till i pull the dead one one and see what the carnage is... i expect something in either end accessory drive or a broken cam chain... no holes in the cases and no clunking in the rods, crank's not broke.... pulling the plugs and bore scopeing today

Prepped and cleaned my 15' Sea-Doo Sportster 155 4-tec and will drop that in the water today so im not without a boat...

Called up Munson boats and I have a quote coming on a 24' cat hull center console landing craft 1/4 inch plate aluminum hull sides and bottom with another 1/4 thick keel guard beaching plates with a pair of F200 yamaha outboards on jack plates
I really do not like hearing about this engine having issues.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is strange that it will rotate one way but not the other, after having mine apart I now understand how the flywheel engages one way and freewheels after the engine has stated. A seized starter would not allow it rotate in one direction but the sudden shutdown would not be caused by it. Hopefully you just have a electrical or fuel issue.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is strange that it will rotate one way but not the other, after having mine apart I now understand how the flywheel engages one way and freewheels after the engine has stated. A seized starter would not allow it rotate in one direction but the sudden shutdown would not be caused by it. Hopefully you just have a electrical or fuel issue.
yes thats the Sprague clutch in the flywheel.. I will tear into it this week...

today my seadoo ran flawlessly till it popped a cooling hose off the heat exchanger and dumped all the coolant into the bilge... I was able to MacGyver it back together with 4 fuel line hose clamps nose to tail and a couple gallons of fresh water and get home... why would anyone not stainless steel hose clamps on the cooling system in the bilge... that was a seadoo oops...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$200,000 for a boat is not sounding too bad... now to convince the admiral ...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New SBT engine on the way... be here in a few days... now to pull the broken one and do some forensics...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Which warranty did you buy? 1 year or 2?

Best of luck!!!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's being delivered tomorrow...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have to send the bad sbt engine back for a core?

The price on the engine doesn’t sound that bad?

$200,000 for the Munson? Which one and what engine power?

I’m glad you said that about time and money, I think that’s a perspective you gain with a few birthdays behind you. Party like it’s 1999 baby!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nope ill keep the engine and depending on whats wrong ill like ly fix it...

23-24' landing craft with a cat hull and a pair of I-4 F200 Yamahas on Jack plates

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
nope ill keep the engine and depending on whats wrong ill like ly fix it...

23-24' landing craft with a cat hull and a pair of I-4 F200 Yamahas on Jack plates
Sounds like a great plan on the engine!

That would be quite the awesome Munson boat!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
was supposed to be here yesterday afternoon the FedEx ground folks are here on the island.. said it got held up in orlando... was here by 9 this morning...

cant upload .jfif jpeg format
286c4cda1fbf09c30dbf6bfc4684ea3ca3176a30-1.jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK I got 4.4 quarts of oil out of it all clean knows no bearing shineys in it at all. cut the oil filter and it's clean no chunks or sparkles. spins over but stops in the gear reduction drive and all the oil was in the sump. I'm guessing the oil pump drive gear let loose.

checked the plugs and they're perfect, bore scoped it and it looks clean... cross hatching still looks new cant see the valves

gonna Loose the engine mounts and slide it back, check the jet pump bearings and if they're good im gonna go ahead and pull it... i have spares :winkingthumbsup"

attachment (1).jpgattachment (2).jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shiney Things...you get the idea... they stopped making the plastic direct fit ones... so u just need to trim the silicone boots to fit, and tweak the stack in the lathe slightly to make them a perfect fit to the injector bores... but first i need to get this wraskelley wrabbit oh I mean stbd engine sorted...
attachment (1000).jpgattachment (1001).jpgattachment (1002).jpg