• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sharrow Props

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I haven't researched this further than watching the video, but if it's as determined in that video, very, very cool! Even if it doesn't work for jet boats. Neat concept.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Patents expire eventually. The pricing right now is definitely taking advantage of the uniqueness of the product. I have wondered about putting a direct drive prop on a bigger boat, this would be nice. I think it will come to the mainstream soon. I'm surprised they did not reach an agreement with a OEM to fit them out of the factory for a single engine builder, instead of selling piece meal.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I posted about these props a while back. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sharrow-props.35850/

here’s a link to the first test.

I don’t know how this would benefit a jet as most of the gains come from tip vortices of a prop. Whereas a jet impeller is in a duct.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sharrow prop comparison vs. a 5 blade on a 57' power cat with Oxe (BMW) diesel outboards. The link works.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sharrow prop comparison vs. a 5 blade on a 57' power cat with Oxe (BMW) diesel outboards. The link works.

Huh, I didn’t know BMW made those OXE outboards, but it makes sense.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kinda funny, others have spoken of rust on sharrows, but I see plenty on that 5 blade.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I swear boattest is an investor in Sharrow. These props do look really fascinating though, will be interesting once the prices come down to a more normal level. We have a new boat on order, but I wouldn't be comfortable with $10K in props hanging off the back of the lift.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I swear boattest is an investor in Sharrow. These props do look really fascinating though, will be interesting once the prices come down to a more normal level. We have a new boat on order, but I wouldn't be comfortable with $10K in props hanging off the back of the lift.
Boat test I’m sure gets paid for their work with Sharrow, as I’m sure Boat Test gets paid for all of their boat tests. Your point is well taken about having them hanging out there in the breeze when the boat is out of the water, I’d probably just have a battery operated impact in the truck to remove them if the boat was going to be sitting overnight somewhere besides home.

One thing for sure, if I had a drive system where I could use them they’d be on that boat. Minimum 25% increase in range is the main driver and that’s an instant ROI for me, less vibration, less noise, and less fuel consumption is icing on the cake.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
These props are like a 2 stage prop. The most important thing is how the two are link at the end. This keeps the water from slipping off the blade of the prop. So I do not believe you will see this prop become an impeller. We already have a pump tune to keep the water exactly where it needs to be.