• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Should I wait for our 222 FSH Sport? Or Bail?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There seems to be absolutely no ETA from Yamaha on delivery of the 222 FSH Sport we ordered last August. Originally we were told they'd start shipping in February. Just recently the Yamaha rep told our salesman that they were changing their production timeline and didn't give any ETA at all. You'd have thought with the other 22" boats already being delivered over the past few months that the FSH models wouldn't be far behind. Unfortunately for us, we have a 21' FSH 195 that we're going to sell/trade when we know our boat is coming in. We all know that a boat is a potentially hard sell in the summer.

I'm considering trying to find a used FSH 252 and go that route instead of waiting on the FSH 222. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Worst case we'll just keep our FSH 195 another year.

Any thoughts?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about Yamahas decision to push back the production / delivery schedule of your boat…but maybe it’s a blessing in disguise?

I don’t think you’d get any arguments from @Zackdadams on that decision.. I’m a bit biased, I think for the money the 252 is a great choice, more room, larger fuel tank with with what appears to be the same or better mpg of the 222 FSH based on the boat test articles @Zackdadams can chime in on his real world mpg, 5 person fold down bench seat across the back, and I think the 252 has a larger starboard stern live well-the 222’s single live well is not big enough for my needs to keep fish not bait alive, it’s still a towable boat with its 8’6” beam and it’s 25’ length should handle the bigger chop better. If I had to make the decision between the two I’d be going for the 252.

Seems to me you could keep your order in for the 222 FSH while you search for the 252? Perhaps just a new 252 FSH instead of a used one?

Last edited:

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about Yamahas decision to push back the production / delivery schedule of your boat…but maybe it’s a blessing in disguise?

I don’t think you’d get any arguments from @Zackdadams on that decision.. I’m a bit biased, I think for the money the 252 is a great choice, more room, larger fuel tank with with what appears to be the same or better mpg of the 222 FSH based on the boat test articles @Zackdadams can chime in on his real world mpg, 5 person fold down bench seat across the back, and I think the 252 has a larger starboard stern live well-the 222’s single live well is not big enough for my needs to keep fish not bait alive, it’s still a towable boat with its 8’6” beam and it’s 25’ length should handle the bigger chop better. If I had to make the decision between the two I’d be going for the 252.

Seems to me you could keep your order in for the 222 FSH while you search for the 252? Perhaps just a new 252 FSH instead of a used one?
We were originally leaning towards a 252, then the 222 was announced. The prices have really went up on the 252/255 that's the main reason I'd lean towards a used one. The lower priced 222 was more doable as a new boat. Still pricey, but the 252 is 15-20k more...not sure if we want to go that route unless they start discounting them.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Personally, I would wait for the new 222 FSH, but then I love the changes made to the boat.

In the meantime, enjoy the 195 FSH. Price it fairly and it will sell. Maybe for a little more in the early Summer, then
a little less later on.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like the rear seating behind the center seating on the 252/255.

Cade Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the same situation... Have a 222 on order and it was supposed to ship first to mid April. Now they have no idea when it's coming in. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and opted to buy something else because of the time frame. Waited until June for the 210 I had ordered to come in and decided to purchase a Stingray 236cc. From the moment I took that boat out, I knew I had made a mistake. I've already sold that boat and I'm waiting on the 222. I've thought again about purchasing something else but I keep telling myself I won't be satisfied until I get the one I'm "sold" on. I also agree the 252 is a fantastic boat, but for thr price difference, I can't justify purchasing that over the 222. At the moment, I'm gonna wait on the 222 fsh.

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been waiting on a 2023 FSH Sport E for a while. My dealer got notification about two weeks ago that my boat was in production. Well, not my boat because Yamaha does not do things that way, but my boat because I am first on the list at my dealership and I get the first one that comes in. Anyway I am anxious to actually see it at the dealership. I guess there is hope!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the same situation... Have a 222 on order and it was supposed to ship first to mid April. Now they have no idea when it's coming in. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and opted to buy something else because of the time frame. Waited until June for the 210 I had ordered to come in and decided to purchase a Stingray 236cc. From the moment I took that boat out, I knew I had made a mistake. I've already sold that boat and I'm waiting on the 222. I've thought again about purchasing something else but I keep telling myself I won't be satisfied until I get the one I'm "sold" on. I also agree the 252 is a fantastic boat, but for thr price difference, I can't justify purchasing that over the 222. At the moment, I'm gonna wait on the 222 fsh.
The 252 being basically a longer version of the 222, if I find a used one priced right, I'll jump on it.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just don't really care for the 252. First of all it does not have the ammenities of the 255 and with the same engine set up as the 222 but longer length I don't think it would have the samd feel as the 222. I just hope they are truly making them now. My dealership is pretty pesimistic when it comes to providing data on incomming boats, so them telling me they got work from Yamaha that the boat is in production gives me a lot of hope. I had a 255 on order last year but had some health issues that made it wuestionable whether I would ever be able to use the boat. I told the dealer that I would not be able to make the purchase and the next week my boat came in. The people who purchased it were very glad to get it. I think I am firm this year on the 222. My wife is hoping it come is soon because the garage is full of stuff that needs to go on it. Trolling motor, downriggers, marine radio, fishing rods, etc.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just don't really care for the 252. First of all it does not have the ammenities of the 255 and with the same engine set up as the 222 but longer length I don't think it would have the samd feel as the 222. I just hope they are truly making them now. My dealership is pretty pesimistic when it comes to providing data on incomming boats, so them telling me they got work from Yamaha that the boat is in production gives me a lot of hope. I had a 255 on order last year but had some health issues that made it wuestionable whether I would ever be able to use the boat. I told the dealer that I would not be able to make the purchase and the next week my boat came in. The people who purchased it were very glad to get it. I think I am firm this year on the 222. My wife is hoping it come is soon because the garage is full of stuff that needs to go on it. Trolling motor, downriggers, marine radio, fishing rods, etc.
I hear you. My situation is somewhat different. Don't want my new boat to come in June, then have our old boat to try and sell or trade. Of course I could sell our boat, but then we'd be land bound for who knows how much time. You're also comparing the 222 Sport E to the 255 E, I have a regular 222 FSH Sport on order which would be more comparable to the 252 as the 222 Sport E would be to the 255 E. I wouldn't necessarily shy away from a 255 E if it fell in my lap, but honestly those are outside what we're willing to spend.

Regardless, hopefully Yamaha gets the 22' FSH boats going. You'd have thought they would've had those out before the other 22' boats since many folk who fish will be using them even during the cooler weather months.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What amenities are you referring to ?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guess I’m struggling to understand why you think it might be hard to sell a boat in June?

Jim

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right? Might be a great boat for you Jim!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What amenities are you referring to ?
x2, im struggling with which amenities he is taking about, the only difference i know are the supercharger which i dont care how fast i make it to the sand bar the beer will still be as cold but the gas tank not as full, its the same trim same engines just add a pair of super chargers

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So just pondering this again, and from this viewpoint I have right now, if I had it do all over i
x2, im struggling with which amenities he is taking about, the only difference i know are the supercharger which i dont care how fast i make it to the sand bar the beer will still be as cold but the gas tank not as full, its the same trim same engines just add a pair of super chargers
perhaps the E drive? I like the idea of having the option of single throttle when cruising and the engine speed synch, but I wouldn’t want the electrically controlled reverse buckets.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So just pondering this again, and from this viewpoint I have right now, if I had it do all over i

perhaps the E drive? I like the idea of having the option of single throttle when cruising and the engine speed synch, but I wouldn’t want the electrically controlled reverse buckets.
Personally I could care less about the E drive, but maybe that's what he's referring to. I thought the 252 and 255 were basically the same other than the E drive and the supercharged motors.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And the fly by wire throttles, single throttle option and engine synch.

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was comparing the Sport E with the 252 which is not a fair comparison. It is hard to compare at this point because no one has seen a production 222 FSH E or any other model of the 222 FSH. All of the reviews are on the pre-production model. I am just anxious to see the real thing.