• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Finance Issues Again

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For those financed with Yamaha and use auto pay, you may want to double check the payments went through. They went to a new processor last fall and that was a debacle requiring everyone to reregister for autopay. Got a call from them again asking me to do the same reregistration thing as their processor screwed up again and my payment is now late.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the past 4 weeks trying to get an answer how much interest I paid in 22. Every time they claim to get it to me in the next 48 hours.
I set up my bank sending them payments monthly after I read some good stories on the forum. Don’t really trust them to handle my bank info.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For the past 4 weeks trying to get an answer how much interest I paid in 22. Every time they claim to get it to me in the next 48 hours.
I set up my bank sending them payments monthly after I read some good stories on the forum. Don’t really trust them to handle my bank info.
I did the same. I always pay more and they kept pushing my payment out. Which before they did, BUT the draft still came out the same. This time they draft never came out. So I said eff this noise and just set up the automatic payment through my bank. Now it gets paid regardless of their fuckery.

Yeah you used to be able to see the principal amount and interest amount. I think people got pissed with them constantly applying extra payments to interest payments rather than principal.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never had any issues with them after their initial debacle from transferring from synchrony bank. Sent them a large payoff payment 3 weeks ago and got my 2 titles and payoff paperwork last week.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Past 3 weeks I've been dealing with their incompetence. They are horrible and clueless. I have all confirmations and transaction #s from my Credit Uniom autopay and they still claim I missed a payment and charged a late fee. They still haven't rectified it. As much I hate these Mother Fers I'm going to either send a physical check every month or sign up for Autopay through their finance portal. I'm still getting the promotion % or I'd drop them and go with the Credit Union.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like US Bank…by far and away the most incompetent business I’ve ever done business with.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Past 3 weeks I've been dealing with their incompetence. They are horrible and clueless. I have all confirmations and transaction #s from my Credit Uniom autopay and they still claim I missed a payment and charged a late fee. They still haven't rectified it. As much I hate these Mother Fers I'm going to either send a physical check every month or sign up for Autopay through their finance portal. I'm still getting the promotion % or I'd drop them and go with the Credit Union.
Same! I have an awesome interest rate that's just not possible to beat right now, wasn't even possible to hit back when I bought my boat through other lenders. So, I'm also stuck with their shenanigan's. So far they've not had any issue with receiving/processing my payment from my bank.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This has been going on for a long time and through different processors. Back when I bought my FZS they had a 36mo/0% deal going on where you got bonus cash for accessories (paid for life jackets, cover, tube etc) if you used it so instead of paying cash I did the finance deal. To make it easy I divided the cost by 36 and set up the autopay in the app (IIRC it was Capital One at the time), 1st payment doesn't show a transaction from my checking acct, call in they say wait a few days, still nothing so I do the pay over the phone to make sure it goes through. 3 days before the next payment is supposed to auto-process the 1st goes through, so I call and they say no worries we'll cancel the next one in 3 days and this will apply to that payment... if you guessed that another payment went through 3 days later you are correct. About that time I was ready to just send them a check to pay the balance but they assured me everything was now corrected and sure enough it was for that next year or so. About midway through the payments I receive a letter that my payments are 30 days late but my checking account was debited both for that month and the previous, somehow the account just never registered the payment. After many back and forths they finally credited the payment but it took another month of regular calls before they removed the 30 day late from my otherwise spotless credit report. Needless to say, they received a check for the full outstanding balance the next day and I washed my hands of it all. /rant :cool:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This has been going on for a long time and through different processors. Back when I bought my FZS they had a 36mo/0% deal going on where you got bonus cash for accessories (paid for life jackets, cover, tube etc) if you used it so instead of paying cash I did the finance deal. To make it easy I divided the cost by 36 and set up the autopay in the app (IIRC it was Capital One at the time), 1st payment doesn't show a transaction from my checking acct, call in they say wait a few days, still nothing so I do the pay over the phone to make sure it goes through. 3 days before the next payment is supposed to auto-process the 1st goes through, so I call and they say no worries we'll cancel the next one in 3 days and this will apply to that payment... if you guessed that another payment went through 3 days later you are correct. About that time I was ready to just send them a check to pay the balance but they assured me everything was now corrected and sure enough it was for that next year or so. About midway through the payments I receive a letter that my payments are 30 days late but my checking account was debited both for that month and the previous, somehow the account just never registered the payment. After many back and forths they finally credited the payment but it took another month of regular calls before they removed the 30 day late from my otherwise spotless credit report. Needless to say, they received a check for the full outstanding balance the next day and I washed my hands of it all. /rant :cool:
Yikes! I'm hoping I don't get into that mess. They do send an email every time and say we've received your payment. Also get emails regularly to set up my autopay through them. No thanks! I know some lenders the rate is contingent on autopay being configured. I don't recall that being a stipulation for this loan.