• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 MPH maximum speed for 7000 rpm and vibrate

ddonoso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
My 2017 AR goes at 10 MPH maximum speed for 7000 rpm and vibrates. It goes away after we stop for a while.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
something is in the pump or around the driveshaft

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cavitation. You’ve got something in your pump.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
X3 on sucking up something. Pull the cleanout plug and inspect the driveshaft, intake grate and tunnel.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...and stop running it up to 7000 rpm. Until it's cleared/addressed, you aren't going to go any faster by giving it more gas, and you may be creating bigger problems for yourself

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This happens to me every once in awhile. Use the reverse trick (search in forums) and it clears it every time.

ddonoso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Where the pump?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You propulsion pump that makes the boat go

ddonoso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
X3 on sucking up something. Pull the cleanout plug and inspect the driveshaft, intake grate and tunnel.
I'm new to boating, how do I do that?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to find, download & read the owner's manual for your boat. You cannot just blindly go out without knowing more about your boat, and having at least some working knowledge of the proper operation of your boat, and something to look to, in order to troubleshoot problems that very well could have you stranded and/or potentially in peril.

I'm not trying to be the "RTFM" guy, but your responses read like you haven't investigated how your boat works prior to taking it out on the water.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm new to boating, how do I do that?
On the upper swim platform section there is a hatch. Unlock the two handles and open the hatch. In the center of your hatch, cleanout tray is a hole housing the cleanout plug. Release and remove the big plug. Once removed you will be able to look down into the jet tunnel forward of the impellor. Inspect the area for any debris and remove any weeds, line, rope, wood chips, toothpicks etc. from the driveshaft and impellor. Once done reseat and lock the cleanout plug. Close and lock the hatch and you should be ready to go.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or get it on a trailer and look inside the big hole in the back that normally looks like an open fire hydrant when the engine is running.

Shine a flashlight in the grate under the boat as well. Looks like a pasta strainer. Pretty sure you have something in there, and if it went away, it blew out.