• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

12V outlet

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Can anyone with a 252SD/E confirm if there is a 12V outlet onboard implemented in a cigarette lighter form-factor? I'm not near my boat, but looking at pumps for lake toys.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The one on my boat has a 5A ckt breaker.. might want to keep that in mind when buying a pump. The one I have pulls more than 5A so I just clip it onto the battery when I use it.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To the right of my wheel is a USB (cleverly disguised under a flap that looks like a cigarette lighter) and a 3.5mm jack (that 1985 called and wants back).
That 3.5mm jack was removed and replaced with a Wetsounds Bluetooth input on our old head unit. But when I replaced the head unit that had bluetooth, I put the 3.5 jack back in. But I wired it to the line out.

The reason I wanted a 3.5mm line out was to connect to a Wetsounds A-link to broadcast music to our friends boat nearby. There is still a purpose for those old jacks.

To the OP, I think there is a 12v on all Yamaha's for the common use of air pumps and external ballast pumps. Or other 12v devices that are common on boats.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's easy to add a 12V outlet. One hole to drill. I added one back where my batteries are located and closer to the rear deck where we usually blow up the tubes.

I found one in white and drilled hole next to my speaker under the rear corner seat. Since the batteries are in that compartment, it was easy to connect to the terminals. The adapter leads already have a fuse in line so it was a quick and easy install.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's easy to add a 12V outlet. One hole to drill. I added one back where my batteries are located and closer to the rear deck where we usually blow up the tubes.

I found one in white and drilled hole next to my speaker under the rear corner seat. Since the batteries are in that compartment, it was easy to connect to the terminals. The adapter leads already have a fuse in line so it was a quick and easy install.
Yup, I added this one on the port side. As there is always someone that wants to charge a phone, or have the pumps closer to the back. I like that I can see the status of my house battery at a glance when switched on.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, I added this one on the port side. As there is always someone that wants to charge a phone, or have the pumps closer to the back. I like that I can see the status of my house battery at a glance when switched on.

Do you have a link to purchase?

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can this blow up a "Big Mabel" type towable?
Absolutely, we do it all the time. It will reach 20 psi which is SUP pressures. The towable tubes only need about 1 psi so the pump usually doesn't kick in the 2nd stage. First stage is low pressure, high flow. Second state is high pressure, low flow. One charge typically lasts several outings. It can be plugged into 12V as a backup if battery runs low.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
On my model build, (212SE) they list a 12v power point on the stern. But mine didn't have one so I put one in. There's one in the helm, but it's useless because it's too far away from the stern.

Last edited:

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
on my 2020 242x, there is a 12v plug in the storage space behind the port side transom seat back. This is where we plug in our pump to inflate towables.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Turns out there is one on the rear platform; port side.

Ryno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Another solution is too buy the 18v Kobalt inflator at Lowe's that looks like a drill. I keep this and a couple batteries for the drill at the cabin and we just take this out when we go. It will inflate large towables multiple times and fast. Got the idea from another thread on this forum.

I was actually looking here for anyone else having trouble with the 12v outlet on the dash. Do the locking ones work better? I can't seem to get anything too stay put in them anything I plug in just keeps turning off and on....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was actually looking here for anyone else having trouble with the 12v outlet on the dash. Do the locking ones work better? I can't seem to get anything too stay put in them anything I plug in just keeps turning off and on....
A trick we use running GPS units on snowmobiles is to wrap the 12v plug with one-two wraps of electrical tape and cut out the contacts. It adds just enough girth to keep the plug inserted in a very bumpy environment.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length