• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH transducer mounting questions?

Deuce_190fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey folks,

I’m in process of trying to figure out where to place the transducer, currently thinking about placing it on the ride plate. But I’m concerned about wash out and interfering with the handling, etc…
It sits pretty low, about the same on the lowest point on the boat.
Thank you for any feedback. 20035468-C271-4843-8A95-DDF732E4309A.jpeg

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its not a bad spot. Although the way you have it mounted with that bracket you have is going catch everything you run over. weeds, rope, floating bottle, etc.. fashion a bracket like the yellow line I drew. Or go up off the transom and mount it there.

D6E49B59-8E17-40CB-8452-3964139ADD50.jpeg

Deuce_190fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its not a bad spot. Although the way you have it mounted with that bracket you have is going catch everything you run over. weeds, rope, floating bottle, etc.. fashion a bracket like the yellow line I drew. Or go up off the transom and mount it there.

View attachment 205766
previous owner had a transom mounted transducer which sideview doesn’t work, so I’m replacing the whole unit and looking to mount it on the ride plate. Where you drew the lines, I’m not sure if it’s flat on that portion of the ride plate, but I’ll check. Thanks

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
previous owner had a transom mounted transducer which sideview doesn’t work, so I’m replacing the whole unit and looking to mount it on the ride plate. Where you drew the lines, I’m not sure if it’s flat on that portion of the ride plate, but I’ll check. Thanks
Your side scan should work on one side (starboard?) at least and depending on whether or not your brand of mfd will support this you can add another transducer on the other side (port?) to get your side scan on the other side. I know that Humminbird can do this, a splitter cable is all that is required at the mfd itself.

If it was me I wouldn’t put a transducer below the hull or ride plate.

If you use the search engine for this site you’ll find other threads / posts about transducer mounting on your boat.

Deuce_190fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your side scan should work on one side (starboard?) at least and depending on whether or not your brand of mfd will support this you can add another transducer on the other side (port?) to get your side scan on the other side. I know that Humminbird can do this, a splitter cable is all that is required at the mfd itself.

If it was me I wouldn’t put a transducer below the hull or ride plate.

If you use the search engine for this site you’ll find other threads / posts about transducer mounting on your boat.
The unit I currently have is an older lowrance without chat plotter, so I’m replacing it with a garmin 93sv, I can install another transducer on the other side of the transom, but I’m not a big fan of having holes on my hull. So that’s the only reason I’m leaning on ride plate mount. I will have the holes from the other transducer professional repair once I get this figured out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The unit I currently have is an older lowrance without chat plotter, so I’m replacing it with a garmin 93sv, I can install another transducer on the other side of the transom, but I’m not a big fan of having holes on my hull. So that’s the only reason I’m leaning on ride plate mount. I will have the holes from the other transducer professional repair once I get this figured out.
okay, how are you getting the cable into the boat?

Lots of folks have the transducer mounted on the hull and run the cable through the hull. And that’s fine as long as it is installed properly.

Speaking of holes in your boat, I know your boat has deck drains on either side of your boat, but in your first picture I see what looks like a deck drain just to the left of the jet wash hose, if that’s the case you may want to change that out to a stainless steel thru hull fitting as some folks have had these break when they age and get brittle.

Last edited:

Deuce_190fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
okay, how are you getting the cable into the boat?

Lots of folks have the transducer mounted on the hull and run the cable through the hull. And that’s fine as long as it is installed properly.

Speaking of holes in your boat, I know your boat has deck drains on either side of your boat, but in your first picture I see what looks like a deck drain just to the left of the jet wash hose, if that’s the case you may want to change that out to a stainless steel thru hull fitting as some folks have had these break when they age and get brittle.
I seen peeps run them through the drain ports, not sure what it’s called, may be what you’re referring to, but I’ll look into the stainless ones you mentioned.