• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2 or 3 battery set up

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2016 242 x I beleive I have a battery going bad or not wirred correctly. It is not charging. first what switches should be on or off.
parallel switch?
emergency switch? off im assuming
house and start battery? both on?
what do you leave on when parked out of the water or in the water?
should a guy run a 3 battery system, we do like to float and listen to the stereo.
Thanks for any info.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When my boat is at home next to the garage both batteries off, charger is plugged in.
When i uncover the boat to go out, unplug charger, turn both battery switches on, not the parallel switch. ( that is only needed if your starting battery is low)
I leave batteries on this way till its back in the drive way covered again.
I only have 2 batteries which are just starting batteries and we usually sit floating with radio on for 6 plus hours with no issues

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2016 242 x I beleive I have a battery going bad or not wirred correctly. It is not charging. first what switches should be on or off.
parallel switch?
emergency switch? off im assuming
house and start battery? both on?
what do you leave on when parked out of the water or in the water?
should a guy run a 3 battery system, we do like to float and listen to the stereo.
Thanks for any info.
How old are the batteries?
Are all connections on the batteries clean and secure?
Have you checked the electrolyte levels?
Have you checked the batteries with a voltmeter?
Have you checked the batteries with a hydrometer?
Do you have an onboard charger on your boat?

Use a voltmeter to check the voltage on the house and start battery. Then recheck the start battery while the engines are running. Does the voltage increase?

Assuming the start battery climbs to 13.2 Volts, look to see if the red indicator light on the DVSR module is on that indicates the batteries are in parallel. Then check the voltage readings on the house battery.

@Neutron is spot on with the battery switch configuration and charging practices. The DVSR keeps the start battery isolated so you don’t get stranded due to a flat battery.