• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

200 + hours on a Scarab ?

510Scarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
How many hours are on your Scarab ? How was the maintenance and did you have any issues along the way ? I’m finding most boat owners only post when they have a issue they can’t figure out or need help troubleshooting. Alot of Jet Boats are close to $100k, and the reliability seems grey from the outside looking in.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
All boats of all brands require regular maintenance. More so than a car IMO. MANY boat owners don't seem to realize this and so lots of problems come up. Yes , all brands have some lemons, and some runs in manufacturing can be plagued at times.

Major and minor problems across all boat lines, PWC, etc. Lol

With this said, my 2015 Scarab 165 now has 275h. And j just bought a Sea-Doo as well. Partially because I'm very happen with essentially the same engine in the boat.

510Scarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
All boats of all brands require regular maintenance. More so than a car IMO. MANY boat owners don't seem to realize this and so lots of problems come up. Yes , all brands have some lemons, and some runs in manufacturing can be plagued at times.

Major and minor problems across all boat lines, PWC, etc. Lol

With this said, my 2015 Scarab 165 now has 275h. And j just bought a Sea-Doo as well. Partially because I'm very happen with essentially the same engine in the boat.
I had a Sea Doo RXT X 300, I had 1 service and sold it around 56 hours. Never had any issues.

I’m a dealerships dream come true because I’ll faithfully bring things in for regular service. Scarab Jets have only been out since 2014. I know they use BRP engines but shocked at the stories of dying engines or going into limp mode.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Also depends the waters you're on. If there's tons of debris for example.... if you're familiar with Sea-Doo, then you can expect a similar experience. Clamps need to be checked, oil changed, PROPER flush procedures. In short, read the freaking manual. Lol I've helped soooooo many because they didn't read or have the manual. Dealers suck at communicating this too. It's all online.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
By and large, most people don’t take to the internet to rave about how great something is, they cast out on the net to find help to solving a problem or just to complain about their product, a lot of time it’s their own fault.

Just about any of the power sports toy needs more intensive maintenance than a car, if you think boats are high maintenance try racing dirt bikes off road as an amateur racer who takes care of all the maintenance.

Biggest thing, RTM, or RTFM.