• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212ss

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are looking at a 2014 212ss and is there anything I should look out for or just not consider it and hold out for a 2017 or newer? We will be new to Yamahas but with an advertised price of $34k this is well below are budget.
Thanks for any incite.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are looking at a 2014 212ss and is there anything I should look out for or just not consider it and hold out for a 2017 or newer? We will be new to Yamahas but with an advertised price of $34k this is well below are budget.
Thanks for any incite.
Depends on how many hours, and how “used” it is...

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks to be in immaculate shape. Haven’t seen it in person yet but it’s showing only 100 hours.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks to be in immaculate shape. Haven’t seen it in person yet but it’s showing only 100 hours.
That’s pretty low hours for a 7 year old boat... don’t know if you saw this thread but he is kind of in the same situation as you. https://jetboaters.net/threads/first-boat-sanity-check.32258/. Also some good buying info in there. I’d definitely have a Yamaha shop hook up their diagnostic tool and see if there has been anything bad that has gone on during its life. Does the seller have maintenance records ?

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the insight. I’ll check that thread out. I’ll see if he has any records on it. Since it’s about 5 hours away trying to get everything figured out before I make the drive.