• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha Jet Boat Pictures

CarFanatic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
not sure if everyone noticed, but boating magazing just posted this to youtube:

And then... yamahausa's youtube channel just released a bunch of video to their channel that wasn't on the website.
still sounds loud to me

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it just me or do the forward swept towers look 3/4 sized for the boats? Awkwardly small. I do not like any of the new colors/graphics and do not like the complexity of the touch screen. The "beverage center"? really? seriously? Can you say it with a straight face, when it is just an airplane tray?? Articulating keel looks like a single rod ready to fail or get bent, no thanks. The new anchor locker is great unless you have a different anchor and then it is terrible.

I like sound deadening (finally), extra cupholders on the swim deck, tow point anchor light, and (albeit small) storage in the seat backs that was wasted before.

I was hoping for more, not wowed at all. No major changes IMHO.
I have the same feeling about the towers...too small.

(no, that's not what she said)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Its better than paying $8k more for an extra ZERO mph ;)
I haven't seen the performance numbers but if the boat got longer, taller and heavier, there is a good chance it is also slower than last year's model. These things were never speed demons but paying more for a slower boat? The only way I'd consider that is if the boat was a cruiser that I could sleep on comfortably.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lets be honest here. What we are comparing is the 2014 vs 2015.

Here are the major upgrades:
1. New Tower with integrated Anchor light and Tower speakers
2. 6" in additional length. Extends the Bow anchor locker.
3. Modified Head unit. new form for integrated paper-towel/toilet paper holder. new outside cooler/glove-box
4. Co pilot modified seat is now a captain chair
5. Swim Platform storage
6. Hinged seating lifts
7. New Electronics at Helm
8. Keel Rudder
9. Engine Sound Dampening
10. Bow Ladder Lid Navigation Light
11. Redesigned anchor locker - ladder and anchor are independent.
12. Drink/Bar area
13. Polk Audio sound
14. Freeboard height increased

Price for 2015: $61,499
Price for 2014: $56,799
Difference: $4,700
My additions may just be sub categories of Kane's list, but thought we could use his post to start a list of 2015 design changes.

Here are the major upgrades:
1. New Tower with integrated Anchor light and Tower speakers
2. 6" in additional length. Extends the Bow anchor locker.
3. Modified Head unit. new form for integrated paper-towel/toilet paper holder. new outside cooler/glove-box
4. Co pilot modified seat is now a captain chair
5. Swim Platform storage
6. Hinged seating lifts
7. New Electronics at Helm
8. Keel Rudder
9. Engine Sound Dampening
10. Bow Ladder Lid Navigation Light
11. Redesigned anchor locker - ladder and anchor are independent.
12. Drink/Bar area
13. Polk Audio sound
14. Freeboard height increased

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All kidding aside, these new boats are terrific!

For those of you of the opinion that there is no new significant change, don't rush to judgement.
The change to the hull, specifically the keel (not so much the rudder IMHO). This represents a very substantial investment in new tooling and I'm certain a significant number of hours were spent to finalize the design.

Think about it, you are following in the wake of another vessel. He's not going quite as fast as you and eventually you have to cross out of his wake. The Yamaha hull that I have will slide quite a bit as I roll over that wake and maybe back over a few times just for grins. But you get the idea. Add chop and then it becomes unpleasant at times. Add more speed and control is an issue.

I imagine the new hull will overcome some of the deficiencies in past hull designs. I'd like to get behind the wheel and find out.

I like that they have come full circle back to twin pilot / co-pilot seats that swivel. And reclining is definitely in my vocabulary. I like a bunch of stuff....not necessarily the price, but I'm a cheap bastard, so don't mind that.

Overall, I think - if nothing else- it shows that Yamaha is very serious about this business. The security of knowing that Mama Yamaha is in it for the long haul and has the funds to make changes and innovate will only bolster the value of the brand. It's a tough business.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The bigger pump in the svho should find it's way into the boats imo because they should help the big mass of a boat.
The rpm of the pumps is sufficient at 7000 rpm and you could run more power through the new 160mm pumps easily.

In any case i think they had a lot of things ready and waiting for when the scarabs etc came out. I think they nailed it.
Price wise, i hope some of the more popular things get put into an ss and also the sho motors so yamaha can win the speed game hands down as well.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait a minute Pal!! All you wanted for years was a damn locking glove box, now you got one and you come up with a silly disco ball? Geesh

Oh wait....... That disco ball better be LED in the 2016's!
I just wanted the locking glove box that the brochure and video said I had. You have the memory of an elephant! :D

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Mark. That damn reefer is starting to appear in my dreams. I'll end up installing one, you wait and see....I'll never hear the end of it from Bruce either! :mad:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you of the opinion that there is no new significant change, don't rush to judgement.
The change to the hull, specifically the keel (not so much the rudder IMHO). This represents a very substantial investment in new tooling and I'm certain a significant number of hours were spent to finalize the design.
I fully understand the benefits of a keel - IN GENERAL. It has yet to be seen how much difference a 2" keel at the back of this boat will help tracking and cross-walk. Some, yes but I suspect its more subtle than significant. In this implementation its mostly there to allow the rudder to not extend below the hull. Thus calling it an "articulated keel" instead of a rudder. Sounds fancy, but face it, its a rudder.

I don't have a problem with the idea or concept of what they are trying to do. Its the implementation I'm not impressed with. I don't believe this took a substantial investment in tooling. Its all "bolt-on" stuff - including the keel (ok maybe "glue-on").

Furthermore I don't believe they had all this ready and waiting for when the Scarabs came out. Most of the new stuff looks like a scramble rush reaction to finally getting some competition and not something that took significant hours of design. I'm sure they did spend considerable time and effort getting the patent pushed through...

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Mark. That damn reefer is starting to appear in my dreams. I'll end up installing one, you wait and see....I'll never hear the end of it from Bruce either! :mad:
Misery loves company buddy! ;) My wife's been bugging me about it every since I mentioned that @Bruce had it. It may have saved me one more season that he didn't bring his boat to the Broken Bow or Texoma gatherings or else I'd probably be cutting that hole this weekend! :confused:

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Misery loves company buddy! ;) My wife's been bugging me about it every since I mentioned that @Bruce had it. It may have saved me one more season that he didn't bring his boat to the Broken Bow or Texoma gatherings or else I'd probably be cutting that hole this weekend! :confused:
You are not alone here buddy. my wife heard fridge and she said, "Do it." I politely pointed out the other 1400 pounds of essential items I have to store in the boat...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I should probably clarify my recent posts. I *AM* a Yamaha boat fan. I really am - even though it may not sound like it.

I just call it like I see it and I'm a terrible bullshitter. With my engineering background, I focus on facts and physics, not marketing. Yes there are some nice new things. More than in most years. But NOTHING here is as substantial as the marketing hype makes it sound. In fact I think the overtones in all the marketing collateral is probably whats putting a sour taste in my mouth. I do like the new boats, but I don't like them being over-hyped more than what it is.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are not alone here buddy. my wife heard fridge and she said, "Do it." I politely pointed out the other 1400 pounds of essential items I have to store in the boat...
Do you actually use that space? We did not keep anything of value there before the fridge was added. And once you eliminate the ice chest you have lots of spare room in the boat!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you actually use that space? We did not keep anything of value there before the fridge was added. And once you eliminate the ice chest you have lots of spare room in the boat!
Actually that is where my sub and two amps live. My AO lives behind the drivers seat. I am still considering this mod... sometimes I hate this forum!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually that is where my sub and two amps live. My AO lives behind the drivers seat. I am still considering this mod... sometimes I hate this forum!
It will also fit on the opposite side or under the helm facing the drivers feet.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Not going to happen. The new models hit with TDE, a resonator, lower freeboard, and more...the 230's held value and more.
Can you elaborate on this? I think I know what you're saying but I'm not sure. ;)

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree that the prices are getting steep on these boats. Go down a step to a Chaparral 244/246 or a Regal 2500 and you are still looking at $90k.
Don't get fooled by those MSRP prices. I can't talk for Chaparral as I've never priced them. But when I bought my 212x for $50k (plus I dumped an additional $5k for upgrades), I could've bought virtually whatever I wanted. I priced out a Cobalt 220, a Bryant 233x and a Crownline E2 - all of them were within $3k of each other. Actually the Cobalt was the cheapest at $$53k.
Right now the Cobalt dealer down the street has a new fully optioned out 2014 Cobalt 276 for $90k.