• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 Cobra fins - Magnum AK w/ Fangs - install and first impressions, plus EZ locks refresher

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just started looking into this, obviously you need a longer bolt for the articulating keel, how do you get the bolt in? With the two tie rods stacked on each other the is minimal clearance to insert in, what's the trick?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just started looking into this, obviously you need a longer bolt for the articulating keel, how do you get the bolt in? With the two tie rods stacked on each other the is minimal clearance to insert in, what's the trick?
I forgot exactly how, but you don't need to worry - everything that's needed for the second rod install comes in w/Jeff's set.
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As you can see there is plenty of room I have been making these for a while now and there is no issue with the second tie rod fitting under the hull.

Attachments

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was just tinkering with mine the other day and was wondering, and I remember seeing this new setup.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am still selling this for the introductory price so you can ad the magnum A K steering with the extra tie rod with stainless steel rod ends not aluminum like the O E M parts and add the fangs for power steering and improved reverse control plus the EZ locks for your push button clean out plugs and still be under 400 dollars with free shipping in the U S A and a 30 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE .
I first released these June 2015. Right here on jetboaters.net
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-steering-l-l-c-showing-you-the-magnum-a-k-steering-system.6093/ I also have customer feedback posted on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Cobra-jet-steering-257584527645178/?view_public_for=257584527645178

Last edited:

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Follow the instruction and you should have no problem.

I had no issue with the install.

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New to the forum and have been reading quite a lot of threads. I will hopefully know in the next couple of days if I am the proud owner of a 2015 242S. Just wondering for how much longer are you going to keep the introductory price. Would like to install steering with fangs and a set of EZ locks.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I really don't have any plans to raise the prices in the near future so you should be fine. @swatski said my prices were way too low so maybe he will finally convince me to raise them up. lol.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I really don't have any plans to raise the prices in the near future so you should be fine. @swatski said my prices were way too low so maybe he will finally convince me to raise them up. lol.
Having just had some first hand experience in experimenting with metal works (while working on my custom tab mods) I have a lot of newly found appreciation for Cobra Jet Steering quality and pricing!

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can't wait to see them maybe I can offer some ideas to help you.

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Wondering if I can still get this deal. On friday I will be the owner of a 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S and this is going to be one of the first items I put on the boat. If yes I can PM you my email.

Bob S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Install my cobra jet system this month. I had the boat in the water for about an hour. Mostly to check on some overheating issue. With those resolved. I had a chance just to make a quick run and I think they will be making a huge difference in the control of the boat. IMG_0443.PNG

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had an owner of a 21 foot boat call my ULTIMATE STEERING a new name today .

Hey Jeff, my wife got me these fins for our AR210 as a Christmas gift and you were nice enough to extend our return date out until April and that was very kind of you. Needless to say, I will NOT be returning them. I installed them 2 weekends ago and the steering is phenominal. My son can even dock the boat now! I was a little intimidated about the installation but it really did end up being simple. I would recommend these to anyone. Thank you.

David W.

phenomenal Gee that sounds impressive.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My fins and fangs are installed and ready to go...the boat officially will see water for the first time tomorrow morning so I will be sure to post my thoughts

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So you have the magnum A K system, that one will rock your world.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As previously stated this is on my priority list this spring when it finally gets here . I have a question though. Has anyone tried removing the rudder and going with Jeff's more traditional system? Obviously the tie rods get in the way of having fins on both sides of each nozzle so removing the rudder would be required to go with the more traditional style.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC - Have you or anyone else you know of tried this?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As previously stated this is on my priority list this spring when it finally gets here . I have a question though. Has anyone tried removing the rudder and going with Jeff's more traditional system? Obviously the tie rods get in the way of having fins on both sides of each nozzle so removing the rudder would be required to go with the more traditional style.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC - Have you or anyone else you know of tried this?
You mean like the Ultimates? May not be a bad idea, I LOVED Ultimates in my 190. But now I would be tempted to try the Vipers...

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Ultimates or the Venoms. Wondering what the difference would be wiyh thise vs the ak system. I know everyone loves the AKs based on the reviews but I think those are fixed vs the Ultimates or Venoms raising up at speed. This thread reminded me I need to ace an order with Jeff and will probably give him a call to discuss but thought I would throw it out to the group.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, with or without that little rudder appendage (articulating keel, lol), those boats do not slide sideways anyway. Not sure what the benefit would be with removing that thing, it does not hang lower that the keel at all, it is even.
With my tabs, I'm all set and don't need the new Vipers, I think the AKs with the second rod look most OEM and work awesome.
upload_2017-4-4_21-32-48.png

--