• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 - 2020 ar210

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been thinking I'm moving up to a ar210, my biggest question is how the tr1 engines honestly perform? I have a ar190 and regularly have 5 people (2 adults 3 teens) and it does great. 40-42mph and tubes great, 2 adults - 43-46mph, and Max at 8 people still top out at 38. I would just like a bit more room and I think the 240 is a little more than I want to spend. We do go out a lot. Average 60-70 hours a year. But do like fuel economy cause we do long cruising. I usually get about 90 miles out of my 30 gallon tank. 60-70 miles if we tube a lot. I just really have been impressed with how well the 1.8 is for power and fuel economy. Just looking for honest comparison to the 210 series.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have the TR-1’s with the same hull as the AR. I hit 45 top end, with 10 on board this summer in FL I topped out around 36-38. This was max weight, max fuel. One thing I think you’ll like is the bigger 50 gal tank as my fuel economy regularly allows me 100 miles on 2/3 of a tank. I never get below 30% or so. Average about 2.5-2.8 mpg, I do a good mix of tubing and cruising. If you’re more cautious I’m sure fuel economy would improve.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 ar210 here. You will get less gas mileage because of the 2 engines versus your 1. I think it is about 4 mpg for the 190 and about 2.5 mpg for the 210 so don’t do it to save money on gas. You will get 8’6 beam vs. your 8.0 and 21 feet versus your 19. That will be a decent difference and there is slightly more storage of about 40 gallons for whatever that means. You will also have rating for 10 people vs 8

For performance, count on 43 mph tops and reduce that as you load up and have the Bimini out which I have seen as 38 with 6 adults on board. The thing with tr1x2 is the power curve which I find to be spot on and responsive at low/mid range. We wakeboard and ski and this boat pulls up everyone with ease.

Dont buy this boat if you want to have a “fast” boat but if you want the latest technology, this is Yamaha’s newest. Time will tell

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR210. You'll get low to mid 40s with lighter loads and high 30s to low 40s with heavier loads. Your economy won't be as great because there are 2 engines.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your insight. I don't mind as long as it can do 40 and the engines don't feel weak especially with 6 people on board. I was really just hoping it would get 120-140 miles out of a tank at cruise. I usually cruise around 6000 rpm which is about 28 mph with 2 adults and 3 teens on board. Also had anyone had any engine issues out of the tr1? The rest of the boat is great to me. I love Yamaha, especially for the price you pay. You have to expect what your getting, it's not like your paying for a Lincoln. Lol

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a 212 with the 1.8's just for comparison to chime in on how they perform and fuel efficiency?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I usually cruise around 6000 rpm which is about 28 mph with 2 adults and 3 teens on board. Also had anyone had any engine issues out of the tr1?
2019 AR 210, this was last weekend, headed up river, 10-13mph headwinds, just my fat ass and the wife. Better conditions, I don't think your expectations are out of reach.

No issues with the engines, but I've only had the boat for ~6 months. The only thing that I noticed was that the oil was over filled prior to me taking ownership, and it definitely ran better (and faster) after I did the break-in oil change and slightly under filled it. Top speed "record" thus far was 47mph after the oil change, stock engine.

5500 rpms averages 21-24 mph @ 6-7 gph
6000 rpms averages 24-28 mph @ 9 gph
6500 rpms averages 27-32 mph @ 11 gph
7000 rpms averages 31-36 mph @ 14 gph

I really don't push it past 7000 rpms for enough of an extended period to be able to give much accurate information, and I'm certain that my numbers will get better as the engine settles in. Over 36 hours and counting, and I'm averaging 2.5 MPG.

I have some fit/finish issues, but all things considered, I'd buy the exact same thing tomorrow.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found this looking for something else tonight. This was just prior to the (late) break-in oil change, and the dealer had posted that "high score" you see. I could easily hit 41-43mph, but once the oil levels were lowered after the first oil change, 43 was a consistent possibility, and the 47.something is my new best mark

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree - was your picture of 24 mph really top speed for that moment? Your rpm's look low @ 6000 so I am guessing that was not full speed.
@Fordman - no question that the 1.8's will give you more power/speed (up to 10 mph more) and close to the same MPG when you drive cruising speed (30 mph). No question on the 1.8 top speed performance! If you drive either boat above 30 mph I believe based on stats, that is where the TR1 is more efficient. Don't buy either engine for economy ....

You will not match the economy of your single engine 1.8 with either the twin TR1 or twin 1.8 boats but with any of the larger boats you will get a larger gas tank (~50 gallons vs. your 30). You will get more space in the 210/212 over the 190 and if you haven't compared them side by side at a dealership, I would recommend you try that.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree - was your picture of 24 mph really top speed for that moment? Your rpm's look low @ 6000 so I am guessing that was not full speed.
I posted that for @Fordman to show that his current typical experience will be similar in the AR210. He said he usually tools around @6K rpm's at ~28 mph, I was showing my speed @6K, but I was also operating in conditions that would scrub a little speed.

I don't often have my boat wide open, I'm usually ranging between 5500-6500 rpm's, I'm not taking my boat anywhere in a hurry, I'm all about relaxing and enjoying the ride. 😎