• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ahh .The old insurance debate... When I called alstate they said no to foreign waters period.. Maybe becuaee I wasn't already a customer.

I ended up going with state farm after @AndyD hooked me up with his agent. The wording in the statement specifically cover bahamas and surrounding waters..
Anything north of the 23rd, south of the 27th and west of the 75th!

There may be cheaper ones but it was very reasonable. And there was no question as to if I was going to be covered. Some say anything within 100 miles but when I called they said no the bahamas period and were not interested in talking any further about it even when I said they already cover people I know. Maybe no new customers, I don't know. State farm hooked me up though!
I have Nationwide and confirmed coverage. 75 mile radius from US coverage (any water), but towing coverage seemed to be an issue. I subscribed to BoatUS Unlimited Gold annual membership. Scenario #3 in this doc was the one that seemed most relevant to us.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have Nationwide and confirmed coverage. 75 mile radius from US coverage (any water), but towing coverage seemed to be an issue. I subscribed to BoatUS Unlimited Gold annual membership. Scenario #3 in this doc was the one that seemed most relevant to us.
I would be very skeptical over that 75 mile limit "any water" my original coverage said the same , when queried in detail and requested in writing....they said NO to foreign waters, regardless of distance. I've been with state farm since

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Foremost’s premium plan specifically covers the Bahamas and Mexico.
A month or so after the trip you can then down grade to one of their the non-premium plans.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would be very skeptical over that 75 mile limit "any water" my original coverage said the same , when queried in detail and requested in writing....they said NO to foreign waters, regardless of distance. I've been with state farm since
I’m skeptical, but got email from Nationwide confirming 75 mile coverage (they actually laughed at first and said “Lloyd’s of London wouldn’t insure” our boats).

Isn’t only 12 miles “foreign waters”? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_waters

Hoping no one has to use their coverage!!

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a fixed mount vhf and plan to leave on Monday.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also we have room reserved on North bimini and will not be staying at Bimini sands

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also we have room reserved on North bimini and will not be staying at Bimini sands
Do you have a slip reserved with your room?

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it's not convienent to be with the group but I used Hilton honors points for for a 5 night free stay.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it's not convienent to be with the group but I used Hilton honors points for for a 5 night free stay.
No worries I really considered hard on staying over there this year as well just to check it out. It seems like it could have more of true vacation type feel then the sands. Hopefully we can get a report on your thoughts at the end of the trip.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes we have 2 nights reserved at the Bahia mar and also 5 days at the fisherman's village marina.
Please remember the no wake zone that starts before Big Game Club. The locals ignore it and it is not enforced on them but it is a $500 cash on the spot fine or they impound your boat.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please remember the no wake zone that starts before Big Game Club. The locals ignore it and it is not enforced on them but it is a $500 cash on the spot fine or they impound your boat.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be on island time so don't plan on getting in a hurry for anything. With radio and gps I shouldn't have an issue finding the group when needed.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a list of key places with GPS coordinates so I can enter them into my chartplotter.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a list of key places with GPS coordinates so I can enter them into my chartplotter.
I know @Andy S does I will have to see if I can find it in an old thread

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. I will be on island time so don't plan on getting in a hurry for anything. With radio and gps I shouldn't have an issue finding the group when needed.
Typically those that stay off site tend to feel excluded since they miss out on the planning that takes place in the pool at night and over the radio in the mornings. Even those that stay in the canals of South Bimini have reported this. If you want to be more involved with the group I suggest pulling into the Bimini Sands marina in mornings before people head out to listen to the radio chatter about where people are going. For the July trip we will have a daily radio call on handhelds around 09:00 which would make that a good time to be there. Hanging out at the infinity pool in the evening is also a good opportunity to make plans with the group.