• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212X Top Speed Issue

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you think about it, the 212 Ltd (Not the S) should be the fastest in the fleet (power to weight ratio). Due to the fact that is has the 1.8s but does not carry around the extra weight of the ballast tanks (212X) or the tower weight (Ltd S). As well as not having surf point on the nozzles, which I believe robs you of a couple mph on the top end. The 240 and 242 are heavier and even though the 275 is supercharged, my theory is that the shape of the hull and the displacement negate any speed increase. Even boating magazine states a top speed of 51.4 mph on the 275... Lets call it 52. Still not quicker than some of the Limiteds I've seen on here of 54.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMO the 212 (non-tower) would likely be the fastest of the twin engine bunch. Most minimal with highest power to weight ratio since it has 1.8's. It's basically the same as the previous 212SS.

Last edited:

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am thinking exactly on your lines. I would just like to know absolutely for sure. If I was to upgrade I don't want to make another mistake.
Can you Rent one?
Ask a dealer for a water test? To compare? You are about to drop 30-50k after all.

I know a dealer in Phoenix that does “ Water demo”s” right before the season kicks off.

I can’t compare my weight 14 212x to the rest of the line up, but I can say it definitely fills my needs.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may sound silly, but it was a definite difference in my boat - check the oil level, and make sure it's not overfilled. Granted, my boat is different, but it was an easily noticeable difference after my oil change and getting the level in the proper range (really, just not past full). I don't believe it'll give you all the gain you're missing, but I know it's an easily-checked item that DID rob power in my case.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is there step by step procedure on how to adjust the nozzles to point straight out?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes it is not really difficult to do just email me and I will see if I can find it , I just had a new P C installed with windows 10 and I am relearning the damn thing.